𝑠𝑖𝑥

obsessive curiosity!

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

LENNON WALKED CAUTIOUSLY TOWARDS THE GIRL IN THE HOSPITAL BED. The girl smiled politely in confusion at the teenager standing near the door. "Do I know you?"

"Uh. . . no." The witch stood beside the bed awkwardly, still deciding how to interrogate the girl without being too insensitive. "You're Caitlin, right?"

"Yeah. . ." Caitlin stared at her expectantly.

"I'm Lennon, here on. . . behalf of Sheriff Stilinski." Lennon sent her a smile, hoping it would convince the girl. Caitlin, being too tired to argue, nodded at Lennon. "So. . . you were camping with your girlfriend, Emily?"

Caitlin's face fell and she nodded. "We weren't doing anything that bad. I mean, I've camped out there plenty of times. We wanted to be alone for one night. Emily lives with her mom. . . and I have three roommates. Not exactly romantic settings, you know? Emily hadn't, uhm. . . I wanted to make it special for her." The brunette worked out from the look Caitlin was giving her what she was trying to say. . . not romantic or intimate settings for somebody's first time. "They're gonna find her, right? Aren't they?"

Lennon looked up at the girl, being taken away from her train of thought. She knew she'd opened the wound even more for this girl, and she still hadn't gotten closer to finding any clues. Lennon wasn't like Sheriff Stilinski, she didn't have it in her to ask these questions to an obviously distressed and soon to be grieving young lady. She couldn't help but think that even Stiles was better at this than her. Yes, Lennon was a curious and ambitious girl when it came to detective work and gaining information but no - she did not have the stomach to do the job the way it was meant to be done from an unemotional standpoint.

Failing to find the words to say, the sixteen year old girl only sent Caitlin a reassuring smile and a nod of the head before walking out of the hospital room.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆

Lennon put the key in the lock and opened the front door slowly, in an attempt to be as quiet as possible after glancing at her phone to see the time was nearing morning. Just as she had closed the door and let out a sigh of relief, she noticed the light turn on; Lennon immediately turned around to see her father standing there.

Her father stood with his arms crossed in front of the witch. "Where have you been and why didn't you called me?"

"I was. . . with Stiles." Lennon answered, not wanting to lie but not wanting to tell her father the whole truth.

"Stiles?" Reece asked his daughter, who immediately nodded in reply. "Stiles, the boy you said you didn't want to see not all that long ago. That Stiles?"