{Chapter 4}

No warnings, just Steve is too cute for his own good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki laid in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, not really seeing it. The room he was given was stylish, but he barely noticed it when he collapsed on the bed a few minutes ago.

His eyebrows were knit together, deep in thought. He was thinking about Rogers. He did not understand the super-soldier's aim. Why did he give that drink to him? What was he trying to accomplish?

Loki shook his head. He did not understand it.

There was a knock at the door and Loki glanced over as it opened, Thor stepping into the room. "Hello, Brother."

Loki rolled his eyes, "I'm not your brother", he thought.

Thor sighed, walking over and sitting at the edge of the bed. "I thought things between us were getting better?"

Loki sat up, glaring at him. "Well you thought wrong, didn't you?" 

Thor looked down at the floor, "I said I was sorry. I never thought our Father-"

"Your Father." Loki thought sharply. He hated that man being referred to as his father.

Thor took a moment to respond. "Do you really hate me so much?"

Loki looked away, "I do not... I wish that I could, but...", he trailed off, not sure how to explain it.

"And Fath-... and Odin?" Thor asked gently.

Loki shook his head, "I will never forgive him."

Thor nodded, expecting that answer. "I do not blame you."

"It would not matter to me even if you did." Loki countered, unable to stop it.

Thor didn't answer to that. He didn't need to. He sighed, "It was nice, what Steven did for you. Don't you think?"

Loki started, looking over at Thor. "Yes," He thought slowly, "I suppose it was. He has been kinder than the others."

Thor smiled slightly, "They will warm up to you. Just give them time to adjust."

Loki smirked, "I highly doubt that, Thor. But if you say so..."

Thor chuckled as he stood, "Alright, well I better get to bed-"

"Wait!" Loki thought frantically before mentally cursing himself. 

The blonde turned to look at him, "Yes?"

Loki swallowed, "Could... could you maybe... stay?"

Thor blinked in surprise. Loki cursed himself even more. "Why?"

Loki took a breath he didn't exactly need, since he couldn't speak. "It is just... I am still having...", he couldn't finish.

"Nightmares?" Thor asked softly, and Loki nodded. Thor gave him a reassuring smile. "Alright."

Loki moved over so Thor could lay down beside him. Before Loki thought better of it, He curled up to Thor's side, allowing Thor to wrap an arm around him. Loki was reminded of when they were young and he would sneak into Thor's room to sleep with his big brother.

Oh, how he wished to have that back.

...

Loki woke up the next morning, Thor beside him and he resisted the urge to smile.

He stood, heading to the bathroom and took a three minute shower, before stepping out, wrapping a towel around his waist and waking back into the room.

Thankfully, Thor had left, so Loki could get changed in private. As soon as he had appropriate clothes on, that someone (probably Stark) had gotten him, he went downstairs to the lounge room. 

The others were up and eating breakfast, Thor stuffing his face full of food as per usual.

"Brother!" Thor said when he spotted Loki, his mouth still full of food. "Come. Join us!"

Loki wrinkled his nose in disgust, but came over anyway, sitting next to Thor. Steve gave Loki a smile, who in turn blinked at him before looking away.

"Thor, slow down or you will choke, you moron." Loki thought with a tone of disgust mixed with slight concern.

Thor swallowed his food before grinning at Loki. "Do not worry, I will not choke. I never have."

Loki rolled his eyes, "I beg to differ."

Natasha, who had been watching the pair curiously, suddenly spoke. "How does the whole 'speaking to each other through thoughts' thing, work exactly?"

Thor frowned, "It is hard to explain."

"How can you though?" Clint asked, "I mean , assuming not every god or Norse deity or whatever, can do this."

Thor glanced at Loki, who just shrugged. "Go ahead."

Steve set a glass in front of Loki, who stared at it before looking at Steve. The super-soldier just smiled warmly and told him to drink up. Loki, not sure how to respond to this and also unable to respond even if he wanted to, simply nodded and started to drink.

"Loki and I formed a blood bond." Thor relented and was met with silence.

"Why?" Clint asked eventually. 

"Because," Thor said with a careful glance at Loki in case he wanted him to stop, "Loki wanted to be proper brothers by blood. This was the only thing that we could do to achieve that."

"But, I thought Loki hated you?" Clint said, looking from Loki to Thor.

"Not at all!" Thor stated before receiving a kick in the leg from Loki, making him wince, "We are working it out."

The others laughed and Loki fought the urge to smile.

After he had finished, he decided to stick around for awhile longer. No one told him to leave so he guessed it was okay. Steve had gone upstairs for something, though Loki did not understand why he cared where the super-soldier was. 

"So then Tony bet me that I couldn't drink four vodkas and stay conscious. I drank them and ended up the next morning with a sore groin, because I was so drunk I tried to kiss Nat and she kneed me." Clint was saying which was met with laughs. Loki smiled slightly.

"You deserved it, Clint. Maybe next time you'll think twice before taking Tony's bets." Natasha told him.

Clint shrugged, "I won in the end. I got a hundred bucks."

Loki felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to see Steve standing there. "Hey, Loki. I, uh, I got something for you." he held out what seemed to be a book in his arms along with some pencils, erasers, a sharpener and so on. Loki eyes widened in surprise before he slowly took the book and the utensils, just staring at them. "It's a sketch book. You, um, draw in it," Steve said, and Loki looked up at him, unsure. "I just thought that, maybe, well you seem like the artist type, so I thought that you might want it. If... if you don't want it, I understand."

Before Steve could even react, Loki stood and threw his arms around Steve's shoulders, hugging him.

The others were silent with shock.

Loki quickly let go, backing off. He glanced at Thor, then at Steve before racing off upstairs.

Thor slowly smiled, even though the others around him seemed to still be frozen in absolute shock.

Steve turned to look at Thor with a surprised and confused expression. "Did I do something or..."

Thor shook his head. "No. Loki was just eager to start drawing again. He has not been able to in months, almost a year."

Steve sighed in relief, "Oh. Okay then."

"He looked at you," Bruce said to Thor, "like he said something before he ran off."

Thor just smiled, looking at Steve, "He wanted me to tell Steven, 'Thank you'."