{Chapter 7}

Warning: FLUFF most likely. (EDIT! Things happened and now there are more feels thrown in there than I expected.)

~Small Time skip.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki, being the god mischief, has always been a curious little thing, and so, about a week and a half into living at the Tower, he decided to have a look around the floors of the Tower that he was allowed access to, seeing as he couldn't sleep the last few nights, it was a nice alternative. And while yes, he could gain access to the rest of the Tower he would rather not anger Stark, seeing as he was kind enough to grant him refuge in his Tower.

While he was having a look around the floor that his bedchamber resided on, he found a small balcony and decided to get some fresh air. He was leaning on the railing overlooking the city, while it was nowhere near the beauty of Asgard, he could see that the night was when this city thrived and found it was an admirable sight. Perhaps he could draw it later.

He let his thoughts run down the path of his childhood as he stood taking in the view and the fresh air. He noticed a presence behind him and turned his head to find none other than Steven Rogers standing there, looking embarrassed, if the light red tinge on his face and the hand that was rubbing the back of his neck was anything to go off of.

Loki inclined his head, as if to ask what he had been doing there. Steve seemed to understand this and stumbled over his answer. "I-I uh, just- Jarvis had notified me that you were- you were up and- and I wanted to see what you were up to."

Loki found his behavior odd, but nodded as he had gotten an answer to the implied question. Turning back to the railing and the lights of the city he had almost destroyed. Cringing at the thought of his actions, he closed his eyes, hung his head and took in a deep breath.

Steve seemed to pick up on his unease and made the decision to walk up to him and ask him what was wrong. "Uh.. Loki? Are you okay?"

Loki was too sucked into his head to realize that Steve had moved, much less that he was asking him something. Loki started to hyperventilate, the guilt and sorrow, not to mention the lack of sleep, that he was feeling too much for his body and mind to handle.

Steve started to panic thinking, 'What should I do? What should I do?'  He quickly jumped into action, remembering what Bucky would do for him when he was small, asthmatic and easily lost his breath. He wrapped his arms around Loki pulling him to his chest and slowly lowered them to the ground. "Loki I need you to do something for me. I need you to follow my breaths," He said calmly as he slowed his breathing, taking deep, exaggerated breaths. "Can you do that for me?"

Loki didn't answer right away, worrying Steve more than he already was, he asked the question again. Loki Then buried his head in Steve's chest, gripping his shirt tightly and nodded, trying his best to follow Steve's breaths.

Steve could feel Loki shake harder than before, and wetness begin to form on his shirt, he realized that Loki was crying. Steve lifted him onto his lap and pulled him closer than before, hoping to make Loki feel safe and to calm him down.

After maybe an hour of Loki sobbing and Steve trying his best to comfort him, Loki's breaths evened out, telling Steve that he had fallen asleep. "Jarvis?" He whispered. "Yes, Captain Rogers?" The A.I. whispered back. "Can you tell me how long Loki had been awake?" Steve asked, slightly scared of the answer, having noticed the tired look in Loki's eyes when he had turned around earlier.

If an A.I. could sigh, Jarvis most definitely would have just then. "Loki had been awake for almost 72 hours, Captain Rogers."

Steve had half a mind to wake Loki back up and reprimand him for putting his mind and body through such trials. He soon caught himself and his aggravation, not wanting to make the situation worse. He still didn't know what had triggered Loki into a panic attack! And then hearing that he hadn't been sleeping either! Steve would have to talk to Thor about it before he confronted Loki.

Shoving those thoughts aside, Steve picked Loki up bridal style and brought him back inside. Going to Loki's room, Steve laid him down on the bed and went to leave, but this pit in his stomach told him to stay.

Steve pulled the covers down and shifted Loki under them after taking off his jacket and shoes, hoping to make him more comfortable. Steve then took off his own shoes and climbed into the bed on the other side. He slowly drifted off to sleep, the image of Loki sobbing in his arms at the forefront of his mind.

...

When Loki woke up he was warm, his eyes still closed, he snuggled closer to the warmth. His green eyes flying open when his head made contact with a large clothed chest. The sight he was met with confusing him. Why was he laying in bed with Steven? He then felt the two strong arms that were wrapped around his waist, confusing him further.