𝙺𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚜

I walk out of the shower with the towel tight around my body and I hold it in the front to make sure it doesn't fall, Kol would like that a little bit too much if it fell. I enter my shared room and see Klaus sitting on the edge of the bed deep in thought. "Whatcha thinking about?" I didn't expect an answer only because I'm sure he didn't hear me.

"We can't be together anymore." The sentence was chopped up and barely audible.

"What?" I was still holding my towel.

"Y/N, Love. I have a great deal of enemies. Enemies who would love nothing more than to take something I love away from me. With you being human, so fragile, I cannot put you through that. Everyday I worry about you if you're not with one of my siblings. When I'm away from you, all I want is to come back to you. It's becoming a weak spot for me and everyone is noticing it."

"Turn me. Then I could learn how to protect myself. Kol would teach. So would Elijah." Tears we're building up in my eyes but I force them to go away. I had to remain strong.

"The selfish side of me wants to. The selfish side of me wants to keep you in this house and never let you leave because I'm terrified if one day I'm going to have to bury you." He took a deep sigh, "Because you are you, I cannot possibly put the burden of being a vampire on you. Because you are you, I cannot be as selfish as I wish to be."

"You're really going to leave me?" My voice cracked allowing the waterworks to escape my eyes.

"I don't have a choice, baby."