Chapter 16

May had brought warm weather, which most of the girls seemed to be happy about, but it only brought another thing for Mira to dread. As the weather got warmer it became more difficult to stay hidden in baggy clothes, not that she wouldn't try to wear her blazer as long as physically possible. Most of her classmates had already hung their blazers up for the warm season and were strutting around in the short sleeve shirt that came with their uniform. 

Admittedly, Mira found that wearing her blazer in classes all day was way too warm, and when class ended for the week she happily rushed to her dorm to change into comfortable clothes. The teen changed into an oversized t-shirt and shorts before packing up to visit home for the weekend, she had avoided it for a few weeks but her mother refused any excuse she came up with this week.  Not only did she want her home for a visit but now she was insisting that Mira bring a friend with her as well. 

"Please? You don't have to stay over, its just dinner," Mira asked Kaiyo almost desperately. She didn't know anyone else nearly well enough to trust bringing them home with her, especially when she knew for a fact the three idiots would be there.

"Okay, it has been a while since I've seen your mother," Kaiyo finally agreed. "Just let me get ready!" she chimed before she disappeared in the direction of her room, her light coloured lockes waving behind her. 

The usual train ride seemed to fly by having a friend to chat with and before they knew it the two girls had arrived at the Kaminari residence. "I'm home!" Mira called as she entered, quickly removing her shoes, Kaiyo following close behind her. 

"Welcome home!" Denki greeted from his spot on the couch next to Sero, Mira did a quick look around before shooting a questioning glance at her brother. "I told them they couldn't come until they stopped fighting," Denki answered his sister's unspoken question. 

"Why are they fighting?" Mira asked but Denki just rolled his eyes in reply before turning his attention back to the t.v. She turned back to Kaiyo before giving a shrug and nodding toward the kitchen.

"Good evening Mrs. Kaminari," Kaiyo greeted as the two girls entered the kitchen. 

"Hi Mama," Mira added as well.

"Hello girls," the older woman answered, her attention still focused on her current task. "Dinner will still be a while yet, go relax with Denki and his friend."

"Okay," both girl answered in unison before heading back into the living room. 

They settled at a table a little ways away from the boys so that they could talk in hushed voices and not be over heard. 

"I wonder what Bakugou and Kirishim are arguing about," Mira murmed to her friend, glacing at her brother to make sure they weren't listening it.

Kaiyo hummed in reply with a small smile as if she knew more than she was letting on.

"What?" Mira demanded in a hushed voice.

"Mira-chan, you have been at the center of every argument their group has been having," Kaiyo said with a giggle. 

A light blush dusted Mira's cheeks, "that can't be true!" 

"She's not wrong," Sero chuckled from the couch, earning himself an elbow from Denki.

"Nevermind what those two knuckleheads have been arguing about," the blonde grumbled. "I uninvited them so I wouldn't have to hear about it."

"You can't seriously be keeping me in the dark," Mira whined.

"This isn't just about you, its about what's best for all of us," Denki stated earning a scoff from the younger. Mira was about to argue some more when they were interrupted by a knock on the door. "If that's who I think it is I might go find some bleach to drink," Denki muttered under his breath before standing up to answer the door.

"We agreed no to fight anymore," a growly voice greeted the blonde at the door. Mira and Kaiyo both leaned over to see Kirishima nodding in agreement next to Bakugou. "Now let us in dunceface," the ash-blonde growled before pushing his way in. 

"It just felt wrong not spending the weekend together," Kirishima offered as he too entered the house. "Sorry for all the trouble we've been causing." 

Mira quickly turned away from the new arrivals, looking at her friend with flushed cheeks. She couldn't help the blood rush to her face when two sets of red eyes looked directly at her while entering.