Chapter XXII

~Saturday 2nd July 2016~

"I'm not a ken doll, y'know?" River murmured out drowsily, having waited long enough whilst Gray played around with his hair. He didn't mind it really, it felt pretty nice, he simply liked to tease Gray. It was, and always would be, his favourite pastime.

"Not as a brunette," River opened his eyes, shifting so he was laid next to Gray rather than with his head on the man's chest. The man smiled, brushing a thumb down over River's cheek, looking pretty tired himself. River had no clue why, they went to bed early, and it wasn't like Gray actually stayed up to screw him. They hadn't had sex since they had gotten back together, Gray had wanted to give it some time. River obliged, obviously, but he couldn't lie, he couldn't say he wasn't longing to feel Gray's skin on his, and not in such a simple way of laying in bed with him.

"Do you prefer me blonde?" River asked after a moment's debate, fearing how Gray might actually respond.

"I don't care about the colour of your hair, baby," Gray snaked an arm around River's waist, pulling the boy closer, close enough for their chests to brush against one another, "I like the brunette just as much as the blonde. If you dyed it bright blue, I wouldn't care. It's your hair, I don't want you to change it for me, or for anyone else for that matter," a small smile curved River's lips. Gray was too sweet. He was perfect, it was almost like he could read River's mind, able to pluck out the correct answers that the boy wanted to hear every damn time.

"Happy birthday," Gray leant forward, grinning as he covered River's mouth with his own in a deep kiss. River let out a soft moan when Gray nibbled on his bottom lip, allowing the man to slip his tongue past the seam of the boy's lips. River dragged a hand up through Gray's hair, their hot breath ebbing between the two as the man dominated his mouth, causing shivers to tumble down his spine. The two hadn't shared in a kiss like that for so long, and River could feel himself growing impatient. Well, it was his birthday, surely he could ask for a different type of gift?

"I want to..." River breathed out, his lips barely having retracted from Gray's, "please, I want to," Gray pulled back further than the boy, making him whine in frustration, staring at the man with those innocent doe eyes.

"I thought we were taking this slow," Gray was frowning, but there was no anger in his expression. He wasn't confused either, he looked mostly skeptical.

"So make love to me," River slipped a hand under the covers, thankful to have been sleeping on his left side so he could use his right arm. He was still stuck with that stupid cast encasing his left wrist, it made everything awfully complicated. River's hand easily passed under the waistband of Gray's boxers, finding the man was already hard and leaking. A few strokes and Gray was already losing control of his breathing, his soft groans like music to River's ears.

"Please, daddy, I can't take it anymore," River brushed his thumb over the sensitive head of Gray's cock, feeling it twitch any time his fingers strayed near the tip, "I want to," River had always begged if he needed to. Some guys needed that kind of encouragement to know they were doing things right, some even needed it to get off. Gray didn't, but that didn't mean he didn't enjoy it either. Who wouldn't?

"How's your head?" Gray asked in a strained voice, before he latched his lips onto River's neck, adding marks in more visible places. River didn't care. He was done with the makeup, done with hiding everything from his parents. He was eighteen, an adult, and they could do nothing about his life choices. He had gotten a notification from some of the others who worked high up in Tyson Pharma earlier than morning, the company was officially in his name. His parents had no hold over him, not anymore.

"Better," River breathed out between gentle whimpers, "stop worrying and just fuck me, please?" Gray chuckled briefly, shifting around as he removed his boxers, before leaning over to kiss River once again. With the boy occupied, he barely even noticed the man pulling down his sweatpants and spreading his legs as he knelt between them.