Welcome to My Gala Princess (Mod/Royal Kylo x Reader AU!)

Wait to play the song until the bold text tells you to press play for the full experience, youtube makes the song quite short, instead stream on Spotify on repeat until the chapter is over if you wish

Original Song: Play Date by Melanie Martinez

Song used for Chapter: Play Date by Joel Sunny

The story is set in what the modern 1800s would look like, which just means if they had modern clothing that's what they would be wearing. The language style supposed to be more proper and precise. The titles of Lord/lady, mistress/mister, King/queen, prince/princess, duke/duchess, commoner, etc will be used. That being said, please enjoy!

You gasp as the built in corset is pulled tight behind you.

"Sorry m'lady, your mother has instructed me to make you in her words 'utterly irresistible'." You take another deep breath, your lungs desperate for air.

"No worries Julia, excuse my language but...I wish my mother wasn't so hell-bent on finding me a suitor tonight. The Gala only attracts godforsaken hobknockers and braggarts." You sigh as juila turns your around tucking your long hair behind your ear, a soft smile appears on her face.

"Now now bell blossom, no need for such language miss L/N. You mustn't speak in such a way around the men at the gala tonight."

"I know I know. I am just not in pursuit of a suitor yet, I want to be free for just a little longer Juila. The thought of being taken by a man and made into something short of a trophy is not the life for me. Mother doesn't even listen to me anymore." Your eyes trace your body in the mirror unsure if you like what you see. The form fitting gold dress drags along the floor, the v-line on your neck deep and the slit on your leg high. Your hair was straightened with two pieces of hair curled at the ends to frame your face. Your eyes were dark with black liner the wing thick and sharp, your lips were tinted with a dark maroon color fading into your natural lip color. 

"I know dear but your mother only wants the best for you, who knows maybe you will meet a handsome lad who treats you like the beautiful intelligent lady you are." Julia your handmaiden cups your cheek kissing your forehead as you curtsey to her. 

"You look lovely darling. I'll walk you downstairs to the carriage where the coach is waiting."

You smile at Juila, she had been there since the moment you were born always taking care of you as if you were her own. She was more of a mother to you than your own, Juila was a short woman in her late 60's with curly brown hair with grey hairs entertwined within it. You and your mother lived a slightly upper common folk lifestyle. The money from your father's death wasn't royal amounts of money, but the money was enough to stay in the home and pay for some fancy dresses to sell you off to higher title men when you reached age. 

You and your mother never truly got along, she always felt that she was born to be more than just a commoner. When she married your father and became a duchess she was still unhappy because of her craving for power and money, your brother had moved away a long time ago, ran away from the aristocracy. 

You admired him, he fell in love and ran off with a woman whom you'll never meet. It made your heart swell. You had longed for a love so passionate as he had found. You hear your heels click down the steps smiling as you see juila at the end of the stairs, she reaches her hand out to help you. Gracefully accepting it she walks you outside to see your mother waiting in front of the coach for you.