Can I lay with you? (Comfort AU! Philip Altman x Reader)

You feel the hot tears stream down the sides of your face as the cold breeze swirls around you. You inhale, the fresh air of dusk filling your lungs as the sky you stare at begins to turn bright orange. The chatter of the people fading into the distance as the park begins to clear out. It's getting late and you know that, but the quiet makes it easier to confront it all. The pain in your chest when you think about your past, your memories that should have been happy but they weren't. 

Time doesn't feel real as the grass shifts around your head and body cradling it, the coldness on the dirt is now gone due to your body heat filling the space instead.

Your tears continue to fall from both eyes, the blurriness in your vision creating beautiful reflections of colors and light in your sight. It made you smile, it was always hard keeping it in but even harder letting it out. You begin to feel your body radiate with heat, the tears burning your skin as they fall now. You sob quietly as you see the orange fade to blue and black, the white shimmers of stars making lines in your blurred vision. Your sobs grow deeper in your chest, your thoughts so loud you couldn't be bothered to notice the crunching of dirt walking toward you.

You flinch and shoot up pushing away with your feet from the man who stood over you. You sniffled and looked the man up and down with a looks of confusion on our face. You noticed his wavy dark brown hair tucked behind his ears with a few strands falling in his face. His broad nose and scruffy facial hair made him look...sweet.

"Can I lay with you?" He pointed next to you and before you could say anything he threw himself down. You turned your head staring at his face, his eyes now closed while you are still on your palms. He opens his eyes and looks at you, his golden eyes gazing upon your features. A flush filling your face as you turn away and lay back down slowly. 

"I'm Philip. So do you wanna go first or should I?" You gaze into the sky and turn your head slightly away, you hear him turn his gaze away from you. "Guess I'll go then...I'm an idiot." Your eyebrows furrow, still looking at the sky. Why does this random man think he can just lay next to some woman and talk about his life? To be fair this is a public park, you remind yourself.

"I cheated on my therapist, my family think's I'm a failure, hell even I know that they all call me the family screw-up. I am a screw-up. My dad just died and my mother is having me do some jew 7 day sit-in thing. I pick fights and I can't keep a job." You turn to face the man, your eyes trace his profile taking in every word he says because admittedly it was making you forget.

"I feel so...out of place with everyone. They all have their lives and shit together, even if they're all fucking sticks you know. I figured someone had to say they have life experiences in this family. The fucking Altman bullshit. Do I look like a screw-up to you?" He turns to face you, you lower your eyes and smile a bit. He huffs, turns back to the sky and continues.

"Yeah, I do don't I. Well, that's what happens when you have a shitty dad and an overbearing but still preoccupied mother. Your sister raises you so you have no idea what love is because she was never taught either. She's fucking married to some laywer who treats her like shit with her two little gremlins running around. And then there's jud who apparently got cheated on by his wife and his boss. It's kind of funny though. Jud doesn't like complicated. I still feel for him though, he is my brother and I'll always have his back no matter what. But fuck man, everyone seems to know what they want and who they wanna be and I'm just...lost maybe." Philip chuckles and turns to you again. 

"I fucking hate it here...You don't talk much do you?"

You smile at him and laugh a little. "...you...how did you cheat on your therapist?" You laugh more genuinley seeing a grin appear on his face.

"She speaks! Actually she was my therapist girlfriend but-" You laugh a little harder. He turns to the sky and laughs. "Please hold your questions until after the ride has come to a complete stop babe. So...what's up with you?"

You hum and feel your smile begin to fade. "You know I heard someone I didn't know very well once say the perfect thing to describe it." You turn onto your stomach and smile at Philip as he smirks at you. "I think I'm just lost maybe." You wipe the final tear that fell down your face, and hold your palm out to him.

"I'm Y/N." he grabs your hand and shakes it lightly.

"Nice to meet you y/n. How about you and I get out of here and grab a drink?" You laugh a bit

"Oh not a chance you therapist girlfriend cheater." You pat his chest and get up off the ground walking away from the grass. "It was nice knowing you though."

Philip stumbles as he shoots off the ground and yells after you.

"Can't I even get your number!"

"Absolutely not!" You yell back. "But you can meet me here tomorrow night at sunset. Don't be late Philip Altman! I won't wait up!" You giggle to yourself not realizing Philip Altman is utterly and completely head over heels for you the fastest he's ever been in his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I've been having a rough time with school and my mental health. I cried tonight for a good while and I wanted to write something that would make me feel better. Thank Adam for the character named Philip Altman who is just as immature and broken as me <3