Chapter 2

Hey there people who are reading my story! So, I have a question: do you like my story so far, I mean yeah, this is only my third chapter, but comment if you like the character's personality, my style of writing, etc. And also please tell me how to improve!

This chapter is dedicated to AmayaCalvente for being the first person to vote my story. Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me!

Sorry for not updating in ages, but I had loads of holiday homework and I really had to catch up, because my lazy ass decide to do nothing over lockdown but relax. I'm now paying for it. I know I started this and should finish what I start, but I barely had time to breathe. I promised myself I'm gonna be more devoted to my story, at least I'm gonna try!

Okay, enough of me, back to the book!

***

*Lunch*

Today I felt more insecure than usual. I guess it's my fault for dressing up as I did, but seriously, can't people just mind their own business. I don't normally wear crop tops, but today just felt like that kind of day, so I just went with it. 

Well, I guess I also wanted to test myself; thinking that it is a normal teenage-girl thing, wearing crop tops. There is no reason for me to feel insecure.

Right?

Wrong.

I tried to ignore people's stares during maths and biology as best as I could, because most people stopped staring the moment the teacher walked in. 

However, I wasn't so lucky at lunch.

I tried my best to hide behind my friends' backs, however, my attempts at camouflaging were useless because:

1. I'm taller than them, and

2. They stepped aside the moment we entered the canteen.

My pathetic excuse of best friends find it quite amusing whenever I get embarrassed or shy. And vice-versa. 

What can I say, we've got a complicated love-hate relationship.

I glared at them and the smiles on their faces showed they understood my message.

Traitors.

I hugged my body and kept my gaze to the dirty floor while we walked to our usual table in the corner were the rest of our friends were waiting. 

I sighed, finally on safe territory. 

I'm so dramatic. 

Shut up inner-self!

" Hey guys!" I said enthusiastically, whilst siting down.

Hannah and Rachel just rolled their eyes at my typical bipolar-ness. 

Is that even a word? Who cares?

 The thing is, I am very shy around people I don't usually spend time with, but with my friends, I can easily be myself.

A crazy-bipolar-insecure-weirdly stylish-hair obsessed-manicure obsessed-music obsessed-non perfectionist-strangely optimistic...

freak.

Yep that's me.

"Hey Happy." Lana said smiling.

 Nickname since year 7, due to previously mentioned optimism.

"So, what were you guys talking about?"

"Well, we were...debating whether Beauty and the Beast is better than Cinderella."

"And by debating, you mean nearly strangling each other to get your point across?" Rachel asked, amused.

"Precisely."

I love my friends.

"What is there even to debate about? I mean Beauty and the Beast is obviously the best Disney movie in the History of Disney movies." I said in a duh voice.

"The History of Disney Movies?" Hannah asked, raising a brow.

"WHAT!?" Eva, Delia and Rose said in unison. More like yelled.

Simultaneously, Maya and Mary got up, pointing at them while exclaiming "HA!".

"Sorry guys, I have to agree with her on this one. The girl may be nuts, but she knows what she's talking about when it comes to Disney movies." Rachel said, after she stopped her hysterical fits of laughter. 

"And books." I chimed.

"And books." She repeated.

That was my cue. 

I started fake sobbing, while putting a hand to my heart. "T-that's the best thing you ever said to me!" I continued sobbing, whilst I hugged her, and she patted my back.

"It's okay sweetheart; don't get used to it though."

"Oh, trust me, I know better than to do that." We both started laughing, and everyone soon joined us.

"So, what's the gossip?" I asked, ready for our daily chats.

"Oh, oh, oh ,oh , Lana and Chris are together!" Rose started off.

I stood there shocked, at loss for words.

Lana?

I started squealing my head off, of course accompanied by Rachel, while stomping our feet on the ground rapidly.

"Oh my God! Really? About time! Wait, why didn't you tell me earlier!? Since when? Did you guys go on a date? Oh, did he kiss you? More? I want to know EVERYTHING!" I rushed out excitedly.

"Whoa, chill there, Happy," she said smiling, "it's honestly not that big of a deal." she mumbled, looking down at her lap, her tomato red cheeks adding to her cute look.

Lana was probably the last person you would expect to have a boyfriend.

After Hannah, of course.

Those two were too shy for their own good. And Lana, dating a popular guy nonetheless..

Speaking of which, I saw Chris making his way to our table, though Lana couldn't see him, as she had her back to him.

We all awed at Lana's red face as Chris rested his hands on her shoulders, leaning his face down to kiss her cheek.

They were so cute together..

Goals.

"Hey babe, wanna sit with me? The guys wouldn't mind." He asked with a hopeful voice.

She cleared her throat, "Um, yeah, sure."

As they left, Eva whispered, "Lucky bitch.", making us all chuckle.

These are the times when I feel it's worth living.

*After school*

"Bye guys, I'll miss you." I said hugging my friends in the parking space.

"It's Wednesday dumbo, we'll see each other tomorrow." Hannah said, both of them chuckling lightly.

"Shut up, I'm trying to show affection towards my best friends whom I like to terrorize 24/7."

They rolled their eyes, "See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

I sighed. As much as I want to, I can't delay going home.

Back to my parents, siblings, and everything that made me want to not live.

***

How was it?

Comment, vote and share!

Please!