- 𝟙 -

"..I-I'm (L/N) (Y/N).."

You looked down at your feet as you struggled to say your own name..

'God this is pathetic..'

You found introductions difficult enough infront of one person, but introducing yourself infront of twenty other students made it, well.. Twenty times worse.

You took a deep breath and raised your head to face your new classmates, and everyone was staring at you..

Well, not everyone. There was one boy seated near the front of the classroom who wasn't staring at you, his slouched seating position and the fact that he had his feet up on his desk made it seem like he couldn't be less interested in what you had to say.

You averted your gaze from the boy when he made eye contact with you, and a boy with bright yellow hair raised his hand to ask you a question,

"What's your quirk?"

"Oh.. Well, um.. Basically I'm immortal..? M-My quirk is called 'Angel's Blessing' so uh.. I can't die, and I can heal myself and others.."

The yellow haired boy's eyes lit up and he smiled, your quirk had also seemed to peak the rest of the class's interest.

"That's so cool!"

"So you actually can't die?"

"How do you know you're immortal?"

"How does your quirk work, exactly?"

The class were quickly silenced by their homeroom teacher Aizawa Shota or, as the students called him, Mr. Aizawa. He was also a pro hero who's hero name was Eraserhead, you thought it was pretty strange how an ass kicking pro hero was also a homeroom teacher, but this was UA highschool.

"Now that you're all quiet, (L/N) you can take a seat next to Midoria, and Sero you can move to the spare seat at the back and we can finally begin the lesson."

Mr. Aizawa half-heartedly pointed to a black haired boy sitting on the third row, the boy smiled at you and stood up, making his way to his new seat. You quickly and quietly took his place at his old desk, you tried to ignore the green haired boy who was sat next to you as he kept glancing at you and writing in his notebook.

For your first day at the most prestigious hero school in the whole of Japan, it seemed to be going pretty smoothly. The academic lessons were pretty easy, and though you weren't the best at reading and writing kanji you still managed to understand most of what was happening.
You had moved from England to Japan a few weeks ago, and Japan was like a whole other world. You'd been there a few times to visit relatives but living there was completely different.

Back in England, you had been homeschooled by your dad, so joining a school with hundreds of students was a huge shock to your system. You had gone from seeing only a few people a day to seeing hundreds if not thousands of people, and that wasn't the best for your social anxiety.

You also had to keep reminding yourself that no one else can see your soulmark. From what you'd gathered, most people's soulmarks were relatively small, which made sense because when your soulmate first touches you, it's more likely to be a handshake than a punch in the face. Unlucky for you, your soulmark was exactly that, a punch in the fucking face. The mark itself didn't bother you that much, it was more so the fact that you were going to get punched in the face at somepoint. You weren't one for confrontation so you couldn't even imagine the situation you'd have to be in for your soulmate to punch you in the face.