Chapter 44 | At Long Last

Last chapter! (For now, there might be an epilogue later.)

Author's Note: 

I changed my mind on some things, and after some thinking I decided not to include any mention of smut/lemons or write it out because I just want the ending to just be romantic and stuff. Hope you all will understand <3

I know I've been really slow with updates lately and I apologize for that. I've been having cases of writer's block where I have things planned out, the plot planned out, the events planned out, etc but I just don't know how to write it out. It's...complicated as heck lol.

If you're reading this book all at once, the other intros/outros in different chapters may seem outdated, and I may have put I'd write something but ended up changing my mind. That is most likely due to the lengthy in-between times of publishing these last few chapters, so I probably either forgot or decided to make some changes. 

I know some chapters are so freaking cringey, and I sincerely apologize for that. Once I get time to go over the chapters and edit, I'll try to remove that stuff. There's nothing I can do about the past plot events at this point, so I once again apologize for the cringeyness in that. I went crazy with the plot ideas and they ended up squished into one big mess of a plot.

I've also been working on other fanfictions because my indecisive mind can't focus on just one, reeeeeee. I plan on publishing my future fanfictions once they're close to being done or fully done. That way, I can edit and make any changes to the chapters before they're published, since I've been so self-conscious of my writing lately. One is about KamiJirou (My Hero Academia). 

I know I've only written Naruto content but I thought it'd be fun to try something new and write fanfictions for other animes too. I also have some future plans for Fairy Tail.

Anyways, sorry to bother you with this very long intro xd. Enjoy the chappy! :3

---

Tenten often found herself thinking of Neji, constantly zoning out at all hours of the day. It was mostly worry, and the situation bugged her even more after she had openly, kind-of-indirectly admitted that she had feelings for Neji Hyuga, out of all people. Tenten had never felt this way towards anyone in her life up until now. She'd barely worried about emotions in the past, and she'd never felt feelings for anyone to this point- the point where she'd constantly worry about them and wonder what was happening to her. Ino had mentioned that the two could end up together, her 'ship setting sail'. But the chances of that happening...she pushed it out of her head. 

Women throw themselves at him. Why would he choose me out of all people? The brunette wasn't an indecisive person; in fact, she was one who could make a decision and stick to it, in most cases. But this wasn't one of those cases. She was stuck debating on whether to bottle up those emotions or let them spill; stuck on debating whether she should give up on the only feelings she's ever had-and possibly ever will have- for anyone or risk their friendship. It was exceedingly frustrating, like a constant, painful mental torture. 

A week passed after the girls' talk, quicker than Tenten realized yet slower than she could've ever imagined, all while she still continued contemplating the feelings she felt for Neji despite constantly trying to push the thought out of her mind. At least it's the last day of the project, she thought to herself in an attempt to be optimistic. But she and Neji were roommates, they'd still be together daily, although at least it wouldn't be constant. Once they were back in Tokyo, she could busy herself with studying, sleep, and countless other distractions. Perfect.

Tenten got out of bed and walked towards her suitcase, glancing at a reading Neji. He was lounging in a seat by the glass windows, his brown hair in its usual pristine sleekness. His eyes were focused intently on the book in his hands. She found herself staring at his flawless facial features, from his eyes to his jaw and then to his perfect, smooth lips. A memory of her lips against his popped up in her head, causing her cheeks to flush with heat, but her mind quickly reminded her she was trying to distance herself from this man. She quickly looked away, her gaze landing on something else in the room instead. Anywhere but on him.