thirteen

[ arctic breeze ]

Minho tossed his heels on the floor and slammed his locker door shut. Dancing was his passion, it kept his heart pumping, but being in the club, so close to the velvet rooms, triggered his fight or flight. Thankfully, he managed through his short setlist and was able to escape to the locker rooms before he had a panic attack in front of all the patrons. Felix wasn't far behind him, stomping into the room and curling into a ball under the makeup counters. During the show, Changbin had to escort a few touchy men from the front row. Minho didn't see much of it, too caught up in his own trauma, but he heard the way Changbin called Felix his boyfriend, and he could imagine how his precious Lixie was feeling. 

“Lix,” Minho sighed, crawling under the counter to rest his head on Felix’s shaking shoulder. “You know he didn’t mean it. I heard from Jisung they all made up. That’s good, right?” 

Felix shook his head. “I broke him. It’s all my fault.” 

“Oh, Lixie. I think cheating was a bit much, but the breakup was bound to happen. You guys weren’t happy, and that’s no one's fault.” 

Minho was horrified when he first learned of Felix and Chan, having experienced the pains of being cheated on himself. That’s not to say he supported Changbin and Felix, quite the opposite. He knew the ins and outs of their relationship, all the toxic, all the mental strain, but there were ways to go about ending relationships, and Felix fucked up with Chan.

“You wanna hear some real bullshit? Jisung hasn’t had a decent conversation with me in almost four days, that’s bullshit. He won’t even let me go to the store with him, like what the fuck did Walmart do?” Minho scoffed and picked at the grout in the tiles. Felix suddenly shifted by his side, and he yelped as he came in contact with the icy floor. 

“Chan’s been doing the same thing!” 

Minho sat up, nearly slamming his head against the countertop. “Who do they think they are? Ignoring the prettiest people in Seoul.” He pulled himself from the floor, feet still aching from his performance, and held his hand out for Felix. The freckled boy grabbed on, and they stood, side by side, looking totally wrecked in the wall mirrors. Minho’s perfectly styled hair was turning frizzy, his eyeliner smudged, and glitter was stuck in places glitter should not be. Felix was better off, with less smeared makeup and more clothing issues. 

“What do you say we ditch those fools tonight?” Minho smirked at Felix in the mirror. Felix copied his mischievous grin and slammed his book bag on the table. They cleaned up quickly, used to rapid show changes, and put on decently high shoes. Minho loved the fresh feeling of no makeup and the comforting warmth of modest clothes. The clothes he wore when dancing made him feel powerful, above the greedy men and lustful eyes, but even goddesses get tired. When that happened, Minho found himself bundled in Jisung’s hoodie and his favorite skinny jeans, like now. 

They exited the club with their bags thrown over their shoulders, waving goodbye to Changbin on the way out. Felix almost stopped, Minho knew, so he pulled his friend by the strings of his joggers until they arrived at the parking lot. 

“Alright, where are we going?” 

Felix gawked and punched his shoulder. “How are you gonna suggest a night out and not even know where we’re going?” 

“I’m Lee Minho, I do what I want.” Minho winced, rubbing the spot Felix hit. The teenager cursed and dragged Minho across the intersection after checking for cars. “So, where are we going?” Minho piped up and ducked to avoid Felix’s fist. 

“Just hush until we get there.” 

Minho mimed zipping his lips and tossing the key in the gutter. Felix almost smiled, almost, but Minho's overwhelming stupidity came crashing back to him, and he huffed.