Chapter One: Happy New Year.

December 30th 2013

"Are you excited for tomorrow night?" I smiled at Kyle.

"We might not even be allowed to go." He gave me an uneasy smile and contined to fidget with the tv remote.

"What's wronggggg?" I said trying to cheer up the mood which obviously didn't work.

"Nothing." He snapped back at me. I backed off a little bit and my smile dropped from my face.

"I'm sorry Mi, I'm just nervous." He gave me a small smile.

"Nervous, since when does Mr. Tough Kyle have emotions. Why are you nervous?" I sat down next to him and put my feet up on the coffee table.

"It's fine, don't worry." He turned on the tv.

"No it's not, tell me and don't lie." I snatched the remote from him and turned it off again.

"Fine, I don't know if I should tell this girl that I like her or not." He groaned and snatched the remote back again.

"Just go for your life and follow your heart." I winked at him and took the remote once again which evolved into a tugger war.

###

December 31st 2013

"Mia, hurry up! We are about to light the crackers." Mum signaled me over.

My family and Kyles family get together every single New Years Eve for a family bbq in the backyard. Out of the last sixteen years, this year was going to be the best one yet.

After dinner and the traditional family celebrations we convinced our parents to let us go to the small gathering at our friends place. Kyle was staying at my house that night, our curfew was 12.30am.

The beginning of the night was incredible and unimaginable even though I could hardly remember what happened.

Only I could never forget the moment when Kyle took me for a walk twenty minutes until the New Year. We didn't get very far, the party was larger than expected.

We goofed around and laughed in the frontyard just being our normal selves. It was a lot quieter outside.

I was rolling around on the grass in hysterics at something Kyle had just done when the countdown began. "10... 9... 8... 7..." Everyone cheered from inside.
I jumped up and joined in pulling Kyle up with me, "6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Ha-" before I could finish Kyle pulled me into a unforgettable kiss. I pulled away with a smile on my face. "I didn't see that coming." I smiled.

"Neither did I." Kyle smiled back and pulled me in for another kiss. "Mia Duncan, I think-."