Chapter Two: Just a Dream.

December 31st 2013

"Mia Duncan, I think you smell, so wake up you big slug." Kyle grabbed my ankle and pulled me onto the floor.

"Dick." I mumbled. I realised that last night was just a dream, I honestly don't even know why I dream about Kyle, he is my bestfriend and well, he's just Kyle.

"I heard that." He smiled and helped me up. "Get ready, everyone is dying to see you." He nudged me which caused me to fall back into bed.

I rolled over to and looked at my clock, it was almost 1pm. We had seven hours to convince our parents to let us go to a party. There was a chance that tonight  could be the greatest night of our lives.

I got up and ready to go join the family outside.

Kyles parents and my parents were gossiping out in the backyard whilst Kyles three younger brothers, his sister and my two little brothers played together.

I was greated by Steph, my older sister, her husband Ben and my wonderful six month old nephew Tim. Kyles older brother Doug and Sally, his wife who was six months pregnant had just arrived.

Although we weren't related by blood we still imagined ourselves as one big family.

The hours flew by and it was soon becoming dark. Each year we would all head down to the creak to set off some fire crackers for entertainment.

By suprise both our parents fully agreed and allowed us to go to the party that we were dying to go to for weeks. It was only a few streets away so we decided to walk.

The night flew by and at ten to twelve mostly everyone gathered in the backyard with their partner waiting for their New Years kiss.

I spent the whole night with Kyle until he finally set off to confess his love for some girl named Jena.

January 1st 2014

I woke the next morning a massive hangover and a snoring Alex curled up on the floor. I rolled my eyes at him and proceeded on to go have a shower. I walked into the bathroom and the mirror almost broke when I appeared.

My eyes were black and puffy, red lipstick was smudged up across half of my face. My long brown hair was in hundreds of knots stuck to the make up and sweat on my body. Not to mention I was covered in glitter from head to toe. I didn't hesitate to get into the shower as quick as possible.