Chapter Three: First Day.

January 25th 2014

"Mia, hurry up!" Kyle shouted from the lounge room. "We are going to be late for our first day of being a Senior."

"I'm coming. Don't worry, you have next year to make an entrance." I groaned and quickly grabbed a juice box from the fridge, ran out the front door and Kyle and I both began walking down the street towards school.

As we were in the middle of a conversation a car pulled up beside us and the window rolled down.

"Hey Kyle." Jena gave me a look up and down and smiled at Kyle. "Want a lift?"

"Sure." Kyle smiled and opened the door.

"Sorry Mia, there's no room left for you..." She said fakeing her sympathetically. Her three friends laughed in the back seat.

"It's fin-" I smirked and before I could finish the car drove off.

"What a bitch..." I mumbled under my breath and contined to walk to school. I arrived just as the bell rang and hurried to class.

At lunch I ended up sitting in the cafeteria alone, Kyle usually sat with me. We also had two friends but Ally was a senior last year so she graduated and my other friend Toby moved out of town.

The day ticked by slowly and I ended up walking home alone. I got home and noticed a note on the bench, it was from my mum.

'Mia,
        We on our way to the hospital, please call us when you arrive home and Dad will come to pick you up.

Love, Mum x'

I pulled out my phone and called my mums phone. Dad came to pick me up and on the way to the hospital I called Steph to ask if she could pick up my brothers, Leo and Jace from after school care.

We rushed into the hospital and there was mum, Kyle, his mum and his youngest brother. Something bad had obviously happened I could tell when Kyle walked up to me and pulled me into a hug and began to cry.

It was starting to get late when a doctor finally came out to tell us what had happened since none of us had a clue. Kyles older brother Doug and his wife Sally had been driving when they got into a car accident. Sally had lost the baby and Doug was in surgery, he had a collapsed lung and serious damage to his skull.

I put my arm around Alex and he cried for a while. I've only seen him cry a few times. It crushed my heart and I pained for him and his family very deeply.

After many hours of silence and impatient waiting. The smell and the sounds of the hospital around me had become so natural.

My mum and dad left to go take care of mine and Kyles brothers and sisters.

It wasn't till around midnight that the doctor came to speak with us about Doug and Sallys health...