TWO - so far away

┏                                                                                ┐

└                                                                                   ┛

"long ago, I reached for you and there you stood. holding you again could only do me good... oh, how I wish I could- but you're so far away." 

(so far away, carole king)

•••

"Elaine Rapp, age 9, was taken from her Stratton, Vermont cabin late last night,"

Penelope Garcia began, clicking a little remote that flashed a picture of a young girl up on the screen in the conference room. Gianna had only been at her desk for maybe 10 minutes before SSA Asshat called the whole team in to review a case they would be taking on this week. Dave had tried to talk to her about what happened in the office, but Gianna was pulled away before she could spill anything. This made her resent for Hotchner only grow. 

"Elaine is the third girl in the past four weeks to have gone missing at this small ski resort. And unfortunately..."

Penelope flashed two pictures of the two previous victims' deceased bodies.

"Our previous two victims were killed after being in our unsub's possession for nearly a week."

Gianna looked down at her file. All three of the girls taken looked nearly identical. 

"It's January, which means that its peak ski season,"

Gianna pitched in. 

"Tourism in ski resorts is at an all time high during this time of year. These murders can't be good for publicity or revenue."

"Actually, in the Unites States alone, around 14.94 million people go skiing every year, and 7.56 million snowboard. Most ski resorts are located around Utah and Colorado, but there are plenty up north in Vermont and New Hampshire. Even West Virginia has a handful."

As Spencer Reid spoke, he twirled his pen in his hand. Gianna watched as he spoke so freely- as if he knew everything off the top of his head.

"Wha-"

"Don't ask."

Dave stopped her before she could even bring it up.