Chapter 1: Bestest of Friends

Hello everyone! Especially you Roxie! So, introduction of the extra character in the story, as some of you have read the description. It starts out up as life long friends, and something  ends up happening in which brings you to meeting Joker. AKA, Akira Kurusu. So, Your friend's name is Amber Cheng, just like you, she's of the lower class. Your family was a slightly more fortunate then hers, but even still you two still were the greatest friends, plus your mothers got along very well. Anyways, hello and thank you for checking out this story!

Y/N! Y/N!" Amber screams running to you. Looking over your shoulder you smile. "Hey Amber, what's up?" She stops catching her breath. "My mom's engaged!"

"That's great really news Amber!" You around taking a seat on a near by bench. "So, who is this lucky person?" Amber shrugs. "We don't know it's an arranged marriage, my grandfather suggested it, but! Me and mom get to meet them soon, possibly tonight!"

"Oh— Is she okay with this?" You look at her concerned, scratching the back of her head she turns away. "She apposed it at first, she wasn't sure how she felt about it, since it hasn't been that long since my father has passed.."

You gently put your hand on her shoulder to comfort her. She smiles, reassuring that she's alright. "But, gramps, said that it would help us out financially. So she said she would think about it."

"So, I guess my gramps, set it up for them to meet, and he said he should be here by tonight or early the morning, but I don't know anything about this man, just what he looks like."

"I'm concerned but you've peeked my interests. Do you have a picture?" She nods, beginning to dig her worn leather backpack. "Ah! Found it." Pulling it out she hands you the picture.

You flip it over, looking at the picture. "Wow, he's looks awfully young." You hand her back the picture. "How old is he?" She puts it back carefully in her bag. "He's 27, why?"

"Wow, he's 7 years younger then your mother." You scratch the back of your head. "And..?" Amber sighs looking up at you. "Usually arranged marriages, the women get married off to an older man don't you?"

Amber shrugs. "I don't know much about this stuff Y/N, so I wouldn't be able to answer you on that." You sigh. "How do you feel about all of this?" You question. She shrugs. "I'm okay with anything, as long as my mom is happy." You smile. "That's an amazing view point to have, I hope everything goes well."

"Thanks Y/N, I do too." The bell for class rings. You both sigh getting up. "I guess we will finish this conversation later in class?" She nods, you both head to class side by side, soon entering class and taking your seats.

Your teacher, Ms.Kawakami demands for the class to take their seats, soon after she begins the lecture. You rest your chin on your desk looking up and down at the chalk board, taking notes.

"L/N, could you come up to the front to answer this." You look at her and nod. Pushing yourself up from your desk, you make your way to the front, but in a blink of an eye, you find yourself sliding, face planted, and onto the floor, with skinned knees.

You sit up, looking back to see a curly headed blonde girl, who smirks. You turn around, pulling yourself up, to end up inches away from a pair of thick black framed glasses, and a pair of charcoal grey eyes.

Flustered, you jump back hitting your head under the desk besides his. "Ughh— This is embarrassing.." He puts his hand out towards you looking at you with concern. "Are you alright?.."