Chapter 2: Back to The Nurses Office

You and Amber both leave the nurses office. You kinda lag behind a little. "Ah, it hurts a little still." Turning around she looks at you worried. "Do you want to go back?" You shake your head. "Nah, I don't want to be behind in class."

She sighs. "Y/N, I'll take the notes." You raise an eyebrow at her. "I bet you didn't even write most of the notes did you." She gets quiet. "Yeah didn't think so." She sees Akira still on his way, she looks at him then you and smirks.

Your eyes fill with panic. "Amber, don't—" she runs up to him. "Hey!" He stops, as she taps his shoulder. Talking quietly to him. You grumpily huff, fast walking to the two of them despite the pain.

He looks at you as you've caught up to the two of them. "Hey, Y/N, Amber said you weren't doing good yet, if you're worried about falling behind. I wouldn't mind helping you." You glare at her and she passes the two of you. "I'm gonna go, see you later!" She waves quickly heading into the classroom.

"It's not that I'm worried about falling behind, my grades are fine.." you lied. He smiles. "You can copy my notes, if you'd like."

"I-I.. No no, thats okay. I can just—" you take a step forward closer to the door but freeze up, eyes watering a little. He looks down at you then sighs. "Come on let's go back to the nurses office"

Kneeling down he looks back at you, signaling you to get on, you shake your head. "N-no.. It's alright, 'll walk." He looks back at you frowning. You blush. "F-fine." You grumble, climbing onto his back.

He hops up, you quickly wrap your arms around him as you almost slip off. "G-give me a warning when your going to do that" you grumble. He hops again. You cling to him tighter, quickly wrapping your legs around him.

"A-Akira.." You grumble. He snickers. "Okay, okay. I'll stop. But question real quick." You tilt you head. "What's up?" He sighs. "Are you doing alright..? It looks like something is troubling you."

You sigh. "—is it really that obvious?" He shakes his head. "No, not really. You're actually pretty good at hiding your feelings, I'm just very observant."  You sigh. "Do you think Amber noticed?" He shrugs. "I dont know her enough to be able to tell you that, you'd have to ask her that yourself."

"But, anyways, would you, like to talk about it?" You rest your chin on the top of his head and sigh. "I— I really wouldn't want to burden you." He chuckles a bit.

"W-what?" He stops walking. "If you were a burden, I wouldn't of offered to carry you, or even ask you if you were okay."

"I-I guess you have a point.." softly patting your arm, he sighs. "Well, would you like to talk about it?" You nod. "I guess it would probably be best to get it off my chest— so my parents have been very strict with me.. my brother, he graduated, with honors everything.. he's the 'perfect child' they praise him for everything but—" you frown,sighing. "all they do is compare me to him, and put me down."

You rest your head, on your arm, which is resting on his shoulders. "I try my best.. I really do but I'm not him." He opens the nurses door, slides you off his back, and onto the bed taking a seat next to you.

"I may not know you well but, I think you're fine the way you are. Just do it at your own pace. Don't overwhelm yourself too much, if you ever need anyone to study with, I wouldn't mind helping you out a bit." He smiles warmly at you.