Chapter 5

After leaving the warehouse, Dre and Aaliyah went home. They drove in seperate cars, of course, so when they got home, it was their first time talking since their little argument before Dre left.

Dre put his keys down as Aaliyah took her hoodie off. Dre looked at her for a moment then began speaking.

"Liyah, I don't wanna argue alright. I got a headache and I don't have time for the back and forth. Just answer this question and we can be done", he said.

"What question?", Aaliyah asked as she got a little nervous

"Were you venting your ex about us? Yes or no?", he asked.

"No. I haven't talked to him since before you proposed", Aaliyah replied.

"So why did he say he knew stuff that I didn't know, hell even Kurt said the same thing", Dre said. "What don't I know Aaliyah?"

"I don't know what you're talking about and when did you talk to Kevin?", Aaliyah asked. "Today? Why?"

"Because... I thought that killa was up to this but I was wrong", Dre said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything she just looked to the side.

"...when were you and Kurt a thing?", Dre asked.

"We weren't really a thing. I used him for what he had at the time", Aaliyah said.

"Money?", Dre asked.

"Clothes, food...", Aaliyah said. "I had just got away from that guy...you know the one you helped me with at the beginning"

"...who had you selling your body?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah nods. "Kurt helped me out. Taught me things and I start to be more confident...well made myself believe that I was confident or act the part", she said.

Dre didn't say anything.

"It wasn't a real relationship. Just a I scratch his back, he scratch mine type of thing", she said. "I didn't know he was still keeping tabs on me"

Dre nods. "Same here", Dre said.

"How do you know him?", Aaliyah asked.

"I used to work for him, then I ventured off on my own", Dre said.

Aaliyah makes a face. "I would think that I would remember you", she said.

"As far as I know, you weren't around", Dre said.

Aaliyah nods.

"...I apologize for what I said earlier", Dre said. "It was outta line and I should've asked questions first"

"It's...okay", Aaliyah said. "It's a lot going on. We couldn't have our wedding, Jada got taken, and now this"

"...come here", Dre said.

Aaliyah walked to him and Dre held her hands as he put her on his lap and held her.

"Dre?", Aaliyah said.

"Yes?", he asked.

"...I love you so much", she said.