Chapter 8

The next day Jay woke up and went into the living to see Dre sitting up when head back sleep on the couch with his gun on his lap and a bag of weed on the coffee table.

Jay looks at him and shakes his head.

"Dre?", Jay called.

Dre quickly opened his eyes and grabbed his gun until he realized it was Jay.

"Oh", said Dre as he put the gun next to him.

"You good man?", Jay asked.

"Yea", Dre said as he closed his eyes again.

"I thought you quit smoking?", Jay asked.

Dre was sleeping.

Jay shook his head and walked into the kitchen.

As he walked into the kitchen, Jay's phone began ringing. He looked at his phone and it was Carmen, so he answered.

"Hello?", said Jay as he pour up some juice in a cup.

"Hey, Dre okay?", Carmen asked.

"If you mean alive? Yes", Jay replied.

"Oh... Aaliyah was just trying to call him but his phone kept going straight to voicemail", Carmen said.

"Probably didn't charge it", Jay said. "...hell maybe him and Aaliyah need to talk because something is wrong"

"What do you mean?", Carmen asked.

"Last night, he barely talked. I don't even think he went to sleep last night", Jay said as he peaked out the kitchen to see it Dre was up. "He's even smoking again"

Carmen looked at Aaliyah who was going upstairs with Jada.

"This whole Jada getting kidnapped and Killa popping up got him all fucked up", Jay said.

"I guess it does", said Carmen even though she was thinking that Dre was just thinking about how he wasn't Jada's dad.

Jay grabs his cup and walks to his room. "But um..imma catch you later. We need to find out how we're going to get at Killa"

"Jay I know it's Aaliyah, Dre and Jada but ...I don't know if you should get involved in this... with Killa", Carmen said.

"We family", said Jay. "It's my job"

"Yea but...Killa won't only target you but he'll target Jaclyn and your mom. Do you really want that? I mean we just lost dad and Kiara", said Carmen.

"And if he got Kiara and Dad what makes you think he want get at my mom or Jaclyn?", Jay asked.

"Because Kiara was with dad and he couldn't have any witnesses", Carmen said. "Your name is tied with your mom and Jaclyn. Not me nor Aaliyah's. It was just tied with Dad"

"Carmen listen. Either way we all are connected", Jay said.

"So, if that's the case you need to be at your mom's house protecting them", Carmen said.

"And leave Dre by himself to kill Killa?", asked Jay.

"We are killing him", Dre said.

He was standing at the door way up to the part where Jay said everybody is connected.

Jay turned around and looked at Jay.

"What do you mean we aren't?", Jay asked. "It's either you or him"

Dre shook his head. "I can't kill him... as much as I want it done I can't", Dre said.

"Why not?", Jay asked.

"Because.. he's Jada's dad", Dre said.

Jay didn't say anything.

"I can't do that", Dre said.

"So, what do you plan on doing? We just shot up Kurt's whole crew. You don't think he'll have Killa and his people on ya soon?", Jay asked.

Dre didn't say anything.

"What did you tell me when we first met? You said we are at war and it's every man for himself", Jay said.

"And what am I supposed to tell Jada when she gets older and if I live? I killed her dad? She'll hate me", Dre said.

"He dad ain't a good man", Jay said. " and you'll live"

"Just...just do what Carmen said and go look after your family", Dre said.

"And what are you doing? What are you going to do?", Jay asked.

"Just go home", Dre said.

"You aren't going to him by yourself", Jay said. "I promised Aaliyah that I'd have your back"

"I'm a grown man. I got myself", Dre said.

"So you really gonna say that?", Jay asked.

"I shouldn't have even asked you to help me. You were doing good for yourself. It's time for me to handle my own business on my own", Dre said.

Jay didn't say anything for a moment. "....okay I'll go", Jay said. "But I'm just going to tell you this...Aaliyah has lost enough people in her life already.. her best friend, her mom, her dad, a sister, and an unborn child that she really wanted...don't let her loose the only person she has left"

Dre was quiet as he looked down.

"It might just be her breaking point", Jay said before he got his stuff together and walked out the room.

Dre sat on the edge of the bed and began thinking to himself.

TO BE CONTINUED...
DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU'RE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR💜