Chapter 63

The next morning Aaliyah woke up to Dre laying next to her and holding her. She shook her head because he was supposed to be on the couch last night. He stayed the night because he was so called tired to drive home.

Aaliyah moved his arm and Dre began to wake up. Aaliyah sat in the edge of the bed for a moment as Dre changed his position to go to sleep again.

As Aaliyah got up, her alarm went off so she turned it off and went into the bathroom.

Dre opened his eyes and grabbed his phone.

Aaliyah came back out the bathroom and grabbed her phone and walked back to the bathroom.

"Somebody's hiding something", Dre mumble.

Aaliyah looked at him. "I heard that and I wanna listen to music thank you very much", she said.

"Mhm", Dre said.

"But weren't you supposed to be sleep on the couch?", Aaliyah asked.

"My back was hurting", he replied.

Aaliyah shook her head and walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

Dre got out the bed and walked out the room.

After Aaliyah got dressed for work she walked into the living room.

Dre watched her as she got her things together.

"You know...I like you dressing like this", Dre said. "All professional and shit"

Aaliyah picked up her keys and purse. "Thanks", she said. "Bye"

"Why you gotta be like that, Liyah?", Dre asked.

"Dre I'm not being like anything. I said thank you", Aaliyah said. "And I mean this in the nicest way but what else you want me to say?"

Dre was quiet for a moment. "...Nothing you said was wrong. I guess I just don't want you to go", Dre said.

"I have to work", Aaliyah said.

"Yea. Alone with some guy", Dre said. "That was tryna get with you a few years ago at that"

"Yes, the one you threaten to stay away from me even though we weren't even dating at the time", Aaliyah said.

"Hey, well I guess I'm doing better already since I didn't fulfil my promise", Dre said.

"This isn't funny", Aaliyah said.

Dre made a straight face. "Who said I was joking?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah sighed and opened the door. "I need to leave before I'm late. Since you took the key back I cause you'll lock the door when ever you leave", she said before walking out and shutting the door.

Dre shook his head.

When Aaliyah got to work, Deshawn came out of his office. She was holding a coffee.

"I just wanna start by saying good morning and second I really apologize for my husband yesterday", Aaliyah said.

"Good morning and it's okay", Deshawn said.

"Here", she said as she's handed him the coffee.

"You didn't have to buy me coffee", Deshawn said.

"I did because I feel really sorry and um...kind of embarrassed", Aaliyah said.

"Hey, apparently you're a great woman. If so I feel his pain", Deshawn said.

"Pain?", Aaliyah asked.

"I mean I am a good looking guy", Deshawn said.

Aaliyah chuckled. "Okay. Deshawn", Aaliyah said.

"Joking", he said as he started walking back into the office. "You can keep the coffee"

Aaliyah followed him. "I actually don't care for coffee all of the time", Aaliyah said. "Besides it's intended for you"

The phone at the desk began ringing.

"Hold that thought", Aaliyah said as she walked back to her desk and sat down and answered the phone. "Mr. Turner's office, Aaliyah speaking...okay let me see if I have any times open"

Aaliyah got on the computer to see if he was available for the day the client wanted. As she did that, Deshawn came up and picked the coffee up and took it to his office.

"Um I'm sorry, he's full that day... well on Wednesday I have 2pm available", Aaliyah said. "...okay great I'll schedule you for this Wednesday at 2pm...you are welcome, can I help you with anything else??...okay, have a great day...bye", Aaliyah said before hanging up.

Aaliyah went back into the computer to schedule the person's appointment. "I see you wanted the coffee after all", Aaliyah said. "You know I should get a raise for reading your mind"

Deshawn chuckled as he looked at his computer.

Aaliyah smiled a little.

———————————

After work, Aaliyah did sit with Deshawn and go through a therapy session.

"So, how has everything been since you began eliminating negative things?", Deshawn asked.

"Good. I mean like of course me and my husband are working through things so that's a little back and forth but other than that everything has been good", Aaliyah said.

Deshawn nods. "That's good, but I don't think that you've eliminated everything", Deshawn said.

"What do you mean?", Aaliyah said.

"See you eliminated the physical things but you haven't eliminated the mental things", Deshawn said. "Things from the past that you still hold on to"

Aaliyah got quiet as she thought about it.

"The things and people that developed you into the person that you don't like. You need to take that weight off your shoulders", Deshawn said.

"...it's things I just can't forget Deshawn", Aaliyah asked.

"I'm not asking you to forget, I'm asking you to forgive", Deshawn said. "Every bit of angry that you hold for somebody, doesn't do you any good"

Aaliyah looked down.

"It doesn't make you strong, it makes you weak", Deshawn said. "It causes them to have a hold over you and you don't even realize it"

Aaliyah looked at him.

"And we all know Aaliyah isn't weak", Deshawn said.

Aaliyah smiled a little.

Deshawn smiled back. "So, do you wanna continue talking or do you want to stop here?", Deshawn said.

Just continued to look at him.

"Earth to Mrs. Thompson", Deshawn said.

Aaliyah snapped out of her thoughts. "Sorry, we can end it here", she said.

"You alright?", Deshawn asked.

"Yea...I'm just not used to guys like you", she said.

"What do you mean?", Deshawn asked.

"Nothing. Never mind", Aaliyah said as she stood up. "I guess I will see you tomorrow"

"Um...yea", Deshawn said. "See you tomorrow"

Aaliyah nodded and walked out.

Deshawn made a face as he wondered what was up with her as she walked out.

TO BE CONTINUED...