Episode 1

Episode 1

SOPHIA POV

We were sitting in Psychology class as I gaze out the window of our classroom. I seem distracted lately due to the man I met in my dreams just at the start of this week. He looked so handsome with his disheveled hair and appealing face. He walked closer to me as I stare at him jaw dropped. He slowly took my hands and gently kissed it. He moved closer to me until our lips were almost touching.

"Sophia Lancaster! Are you still with us?"

"Yes Miss! Uhm sorry, what was the question?" I blurted as my professor called me out.

"I asked your insight as to why people dream." I stood up and my answers came out of my lips as if memorized.

"Oh! Uhm yeah, people dream mostly because our represent wishes that we're afraid to express in our waking life, as proposed by Sigmund Freud. So technically we dream because we sometimes imagine ourselves living as someone different or doing something different that is far from our real lives. "

"Okay, that's a good understanding. You may take your seat, but next time please pay attention to my class."

"Yes miss, sorry."

Time passed by slowly as we listen to her explain about Sigmund Freud, who was one of the first psychologists to really study dreams. The idea behind his theory is that dreams represent wishes that the dreamer subconsciously wants to be fulfilled.

I went back to remembering my dreams. What part of my dream am I subconsciously wishing for? Meeting someone as gorgeous as that man? I only met him in my dreams twice and I still wonder how I can remember every features of his face even after I woke up. Or maybe being kissed by a guy? We almost kissed in both those dreams, but I always wake up before it could happen.

"Hey Sophia, what's happening with you? That's the second time this week that you were caught gazing off absentmindedly. Tell me, any fishy info on you and Elijah? Or did you two fight?" My bestfriend asked me as we were heading to our next class for today. And that was the moment I felt guilty of even spending my time thinking about a stranger in my dream when I already have my boyfriend.

"No, it's not about Elijah. Just some random dream. Nothing serious." I didn't want her knowing about the details of my dream, she's just gonna make issues out of it and tease me.

"If you say so. Anyway, let's hurry, I heard there's an exam for our next class. I'm still not prepared! Tho I know you're not bothered coz' you're such a genius."

"Perks of being a wide reader." I smirked at her.

"Eww books. Movies are waaaaay better!" We both laughed and entered our classrooms.

I finished first and waited till my best friend was done before I passed my papers. I let Sarah copy some of my answers on our Chemistry exam. I know she hates Chemistry.

Lunch time came and we both waited for Elijah at the cafeteria. After a few minutes, he walked to our table with his friend Mason Williams.

"Hi babe, how are you doin'?" Elijah kissed me on the cheeks and sat down beside me. I suddenly felt guilty again because I've been thinking about a guy who's not him.

"Better now that you're here." I replied and thought 'The guy in my dream might not even be real so why should I feel guilty'.

"Oh, you two, please stop being too sweet. Mason and I are here, remember?" Sarah interjected.

"Sarah..." I started warning her.

"Kidding. Let's go buy lunch, girl. You two boys just guard our table. 'kay?"

We got in line and waited for our lunch to be served. We bought the boys their usual order for lunch. Sophia and I gossiped about random stuffs while making our way back to our table.

"So how are you guys, how's class?" Mason asked me and Sarah.

"Oh, just that Miss Poppins caught Sophia staring out the window earlier. But she was able to answer her question so fast. She's still a genius!" Sarah retold the story about me to the two boys.

"Been thinking of me babe?" Elijah asked. I just smiled at him and finished my spaghetti.

"So, see you later Sophia?" Elijah kissed me on the cheeks and bid me goodbye as we got up from our tables and went back to our own classrooms.

"You're so lucky to have Elijah." Sarah suddenly spoke beside me while we were waiting for our next class to start.

"I know, Sarah. Are you sure you don't have a crush on him anymore?" I laughed as I teased her.

She used to have a crush on my boyfriend before Elijah confessed his feelings for me. The three of us were as close as triplets ever since the start of the freshman year. We had a treasure hunt group activity on our freshman class that brought us closer together because in the end our group ended up winning. The members of the group were randomly selected by our teacher, so we barely know each other at the start of the activity.

"Duh Sophia, shut up." she replied and we both just laughed.

The rest of the day went by as usual, professors talking about their subject of expertise nonstop, students chattering in between classes, and Sophia and I being the most behave in our classes. Even though Sophia talks a lot, she still behaves at class when she's with me.

Elijah walked me home while telling me some cute pick-up lines. We've been together for almost three months now. He's been the sweetest boyfriend a girl could ever ask for. He walks me home every day, tells me that I'm the prettiest girl in the world, always makes me laugh and smile, and doesn't make me cry. I'd be an idiot to still think about another guy who only appears in my dreams. But I can't help it. I felt a connection with him that I haven't felt with anyone else before, even if it's only a dream. Will I see that guy again tonight?