Episode 6

Episode 6

SOPHIA'S POV

Looking at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help blushing about what happened to me and Elijah. Today is Monday and it will be the first time that I would see him again after we made love for the first time. After what transpired between the two of us, I concluded that maybe it was him inside my dream and the face that I keep on seeing was just an imagination of mine. They moved exactly the same and that just eases my feelings of guilt. Maybe it was Elijah that I made love with in my dreams. Or maybe that dream was like a prediction of what would happen to me with Elijah.

"Stop overthinking things, okay Sophia? Okay!" I said to myself as I get ready for school.

When I was on my way to our classroom, I panicked when I saw Elijah who looked like he was waiting for me. How should I act around him after I just gave myself to him? Ugh. Am I being too paranoid?

"Boo!"

"What the?!" I exclaimed as my best friend laughed after surprising me from my back

"You should have seen your face! Anyway, what are you doing here in the corner? Elijah's been waiting for you." Sarah asked.

"Yeah. About that. Actually. Uhm nevermind. Just stay with me till we get inside our classroom okay?"

I was about to tell her about my dream last Satuday, but decided that maybe I should not tell her anymore and overcomplicate things.

"You're being weird today but fine!" We both walked towards our classroom and I saw Elijah lifted his eyes which was previously glued his phone.

"Hey babe. I missed you." He kissed me on my right cheek, and I blushed right then and there.

"Oh jeez, your face is getting red Sophia, what's up with you two?" I almost forgot that Sarah's just beside me.

"Stop teasing her, Sarah. I just wanted to drop by and see you before classes start. So, see you at lunch babe? Love you."

My ears are filled with Sarah's high-pitched squeal as Elijah kissed me again. He walked away and I was bombarded with questions by curious Sarah.

"Is it a big deal if I blushed?"

"Yes, it is, you're used to him kissing you on the cheeks so why blush now?" Damn, this girl is like Elijah who knows me too much.

Thankfully, our English professor came and announced that there will be an activity for today and we will need our partners. He said that we are not allowed to pick our seatmates, so I didn't get to choose Sarah as my partner.

"Hey Sophia, mind being my partner?" Olivia asked me as I was about to stand and look for a partner.

"Uh, yeah sure."

We all got up and arranged our chairs by partners. The activity is just to come up with and brainstorm about a library research topic. Olivia Kingsley was also my classmate since freshman so we kinda know each other already. She was a petite girl, with long hair that is usually in a ponytail on the right side. Olivia's beautiful and the daughter of our school principal so i wonder why she approached me to be her partner.

We agreed on the topic about the nature of smiles and the reasons behind them. Like me, she said that psychology is one of her favorite subjects too. We also discovered that both of us hates Science and loves books.

"Why did we ever not get close friends?" she said. I just smiled and she spoke again.

"I'd love to be your friend, Sophia. Is it okay for you?"

"Oh. Uh. Of course. Sorry, I was just not used to hanging out with others before."

"Yeah I noticed. Don't worry. It's fine!"

We passed our topics and went back to our own chairs and the next classes went by. During lunch time, while Mason and Sarah are chatting with each other, I felt Elijah eyeing me every now and then so I couldn't help but want to open up about my dreams.

"Hmm babe, I just wanna ask, do you ever dream about me?"

"Why do you ask? Hmm sometimes I think, I but I don't really remember them."

"Oh I see."

"Why is it you ask?"

"Oh, nothing. Just some random question."

We did not talk about what happened between the two of us the other day. I still did not regret it. He's my boyfriend and there's nothing wrong with what happened to us.

Monday passed by quickly with nothing much really happening. Until Tuesday night came when I was awakened once again, after having dreams more intense than the last one I've had. And the thing is, the more I dream about that guy, the more I get the feeling that he's not Elijah, the more I wanted to meet the real him, the more I liked the feeling that he's bringing me.

"Who are you, damn guy?" I whispered to myself before I went back to sleep again, this time wishing that I will be meeting with him again.

Wednesday morning, I started to get distant with Elijah. I couldn't help feeling guilty that I still keep on wishing to meet Yume even after what happened to me and Elijah. I named the guy in my dreams as Yume because we have Japanese classes at school, and I learned that it means to dream in Japanese. The way Yume made love to me in my dreams brought butterflies in my stomach. The same kind that I've felt when I'm watching romantic movies. The weird thing was that i felt comfortable with him. Like i've been longing to be with him for a very long time.

"Babe?"

"Huh?"

"Why do I get this feeling that your mind is drifting away when we're together since you arrived at school today?"

"Oh, uh sorry babe. Just had a long night."

"Would you mind telling me what's been bothering you?"

"I told you, I just had a long night!" I didn't mean to shout at him. I couldn't help myself.

"Sorry babe." I apologized soon after I let my outburst at him.

"It's fine. You better take a rest. I'll take you home now."

I saw in his eyes how disappointed he was. I even forgot what he was asking me a while ago. We reached my home with him barely saying any word. He kissed me goodbye and did not bother going inside our house today. I went up to my room and faced the mirror.

"Why do you still bother thinking about Yume when you already have Elijah?"