Episode 2

Episode 2

SOPHIA'S POV

Almost out of breath, I woke up panting and gasping for air. I let my fingers run over my lips as I thought about what happened. Jeez Sophia! Why did you like what happened in your dream? You should be dreaming of Elijah! Not some random stranger whom you never even met personally. Maybe he's not even a real person.

But I still vividly remember the details of how I kissed that guy in my dreams. And it was not only a peck on the lips! We kissed passionately like two people who's been longing for each other for a very long time. Goodness gracious, it was my first kiss and it's in a dream! Why did it feel so real?

I got up and looked at myself in the mirror.

"What's happening to you Sophia?" I muttered to myself as I looked into my own eyes. Then I remembered how he gazed at me yearningly before we kissed. It's like he's longing for me.

This is already the third time in two weeks that he showed up in my dreams. Who is he? Is he even real? Will I get to meet him?

I dismissed those unanswerable questions as my phone rang. I picked it up and saw Elijah's name on the screen. Unsure of what to say, I answered the phone call.

"Babe where are you? Don't tell me you forgot our date today?" I looked at the clock and saw that it's almost 10:00 AM.

"Shoot! I'm really sorry babe. I just woke up. I forgot to set the alarm. Forgive me please?"

"Aww. How can I not forgive someone as special as you? Don't worry I'll just go over there."

"Thanks babe. Gotta go now I still need to prepare before you come here."

"Sure. See you babe! I love you!"

"Yeah, love you too."

I felt guilty as I ended the call. I rushed to choose my clothes and went to the bathroom outside my room when I bumped into mom.

"Oh! Careful hun! Going somewhere?" she asked.

"Yeah Elijah's coming here to pick me up. It's our Saturdate today."

"Okay sweetie, go take a bath now!"

I quickly finished taking a bath mostly because I don't want Elijah to wait too long for me and partly because I still need time to cool down and forget about that stupid dream. When I was done, I can already hear him talking with my mom downstairs. I silently went to my room and looked at myself in the mirror again.

"That was just a dream okay? No need to feel awkward with Elijah. Okay? Okay!"

I hurried downstairs and greeted Elijah with a kiss on the cheeks.

"Ready to go?" he asked, and I just nodded and smiled.

"Enjoy your day, you two!" my mom bid us goodbye as we went out the front door hand in hand.

We entered the mall, after riding a bus and went to the cinemas to buy tickets for a movie I wanted to watch. He bought a large bucket of fries for me, popcorn for himself, and two sodas.

Just in time, we sat at our chosen seats at the very back of the cinema as the movie started. We were on the part where the girl meets her sixth-grade crush after a long time when Elijah took my hand in his and played with it.

"Hey, you won't be able to eat your popcorn if you just play with my hand like that." I complained to him.

"I don't mind. Do you?" he challenged me. So, I just smiled and let him hold my hand.

The movie is about a girl who's torn between her sixth-grade crush and her present boyfriend. In the end, of course the girl chose her present boyfriend when she realized how much she loves him.

When the characters kissed before the ending, Elijah moved closer to me and looked at me like he wanted to kiss me. He had tried to kiss me on the lips many times before, but I just kept on turning him down. But this time, because of the dream that I had this morning, I wanted to know how it feels like to truly be kissed.

"Sophia..." he whispered to me as if as waiting for my approval and I just closed my eyes.

He went for the kiss and it felt good. The kiss was slow and gentle at first but then he bit my lower lip. He slowly entered his tongue into my mouth with which I granted him permission. I kissed him back for like 10 seconds but then I pulled back.

"Babe?" he asked.

"We should stop. Movie's ending."

"Was I a bad kisser?" I laughed nervously at his question. The truth is I liked the way he kissed me, and I didn't know that a real kiss would feel that good. He was an amazing kisser. But the face of the man in my dreams popped up into my mind as I kissed him, and it felt wrong.

"Stop it babe, you know you aren't. It's just that there are people who might see us, you know." He smiled at me and apologized.

I felt awkward afterwards and decided that I wanted to go home after we ate at a fast food restaurant. He walked me home and asked why I suddenly wanted to go home.

"I'm sorry babe. My head ached a bit after the movie, I promise I'll make it up to you next time."

He left and I went up to my bedroom to change my clothes. Mom left a note saying that she went to the grocery store. And so, I was left home alone wondering about the kiss, the kiss I had with the stranger in my dream and the kiss I had with my boyfriend in the cinema. Am I a bad person to ask why I did like the dream version better?