Chapter 6: The training

I'm walking in the desert right now. My old nightmare came back from the dead. Eager to finish this, I ran to the tree's location as fast as possible. I tried to touch it when I arrived there, but it disappeared in the blink of an eye. That's new. Where are the corpses? Where is the jump scare? I Finally see the tree on top of a hill. I run to it, trying to understand why it is different. I arrived at the top and touched the tree, but nothing happened. Maybe it was just an ordinary dream and not a nightmare this time. I hoped.

But it wasn't.

I started hearing a noise you shouldn't hear in a desert. Water was running somewhere, and It was coming from below my feet. I look down and see a deep ravine. It wasn't a natural ravine because thousands of bodies filled it. The glimpses I caught of the water were a bright red. It was the blood of the bodies changing the color of the water. Terrified, I started to walk backward and turn around to the tree, but it also changed. It was now the dead tree in the center of my forest, and It was falling toward me. Without thinking, I trip and fall into the ravine. Right before I hit the water, I caught a glimpse of the corpses suddenly taking life and opening their eyes.

Y/N: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I breathe slowly and start to shake uncontrollably. I repeat in my head, "It's just a dream," to calm me down. I hear someone running to my room and see the door fly open with Sally at the opening.

Sally: Are you okay?

Y/N: Yeah. I had a bad dream. That's all.

Sally: You had to wake up now anyways.

Y/N: The training is starting?

Sally: It is.

I look at the time.

Y/N: But it's 6 AM!

Sally: He said to go wake you up soon. Tomorrow, it'll start earlier.

Y/N: This is going to be harsh.

I walk to the door, hoping to forget this nightmare, and make my way to the kitchen. There, I see a banana and two toasts with Nutella. A note also said: "When you're finished, dress up and meet us in the backyard."

I eat thinking about recent events. I wonder If Dad is still living in our old house. Seeing everyone he loves dying in front of him will probably break him. If he already killed himself, I probably won't be as sad because of the treatment he gave me before my escape. At least he was kind to me from the beginning compared to a particular uncle. I could probably forgive him later, but I have to focus on the training now.

I finish eating, put on some gym clothes Slender left for me as fast as possible and go to the backyard.

"the backyard."

It was just the rest of the forest blocked by the mansion. I will say it's a pretty good training ground. Slender and Ann saw me and made me a sign to follow them more profoundly in the forest. I catch up to them and insert myself in the middle. I tried to start a conversation.

Y/N: So, how long has it been since you've been here?

Slender: A few years. I think you moved away when I walked in.

Y/N: Hey, wait a minute!

Slender: What?

Y/N: Do you remember some guys who disappeared in a forest in Quebec a few months ago?

He stiffened and hesitated for about three seconds before replying.

Slender: I don't know what you're talking about.