𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓽

"Damn. That smells good." Ellie said with a yawn as she woke up."Good morning." Henry said as he continued to stir the pot as I watched, waiting for it to be done. "Where's Sam?" 

"I let him sleep in for once." After  a bit Ellie left to go wake up Sam. "So, uh, is it almost..." I trailed off for Henry and Joel to chuckle at me. "Almost kid." I nodded impatiently. 

"Sam!" Ellie screamed from the other room making all of us alert. The door slammed open with Sam on top of Ellie. He was infected. "Shit. He's turnin'!" Joel yelled as he ran to get his gun from his bag. Just as he pointed the gun at Sam Henry shot a bullet at him making him fall back onto the floor. "That's my fucking brother!" Henry said pointing the gun at Joel. 

Ellie yelled more struggling to keep Sam away from her. "Screw it!" Joel said going for his gun again but was stopped when Henry shot Sam. I ran to Ellie and helped her push Sam's body away. "Oh, shit..." She said as she scooted away from his body and into my own. "Ellie? Ellie, are you alright?" Joel asked. "Uh-huh." I took advantage of the position we were in to confirm that she was okay. 

"Sam?" Henry asked making us all look in his direction. "Henry..." Joel called out to him as Henry started crying. "I'm gonna get that gun from you, okay?" Joel approached him with caution until he pointed the gun at Joel. "It's your fault." 

"It's nobodies fault, Henry." Joel said. While this was happening and we couldn't do anything I felt Ellie grab onto my hoodie. With one last yell from Henry, he pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger. Ellie didn't scream and only tucked herself into me. "Fuck." I said as my body went limp. 

~~~~~ FALL ~~~~~

"Jackson County. Means we're close to Jackson city, right?" Ellie said as we came up to a sign. "Shouldn't be more than a few miles." I said as we stopped to look back at Joel. "You ready to see dear, old brother?" Ellie asked. "I'm just ready to get there." 

"You nervous?"

"I'm just ready to get there." I let out a chuckle at Joel's reply as we continued to walk. On the way, as we followed a river, Ellie and Joel talked about his brother, Tommy. I always wanted to know more about his brother but never got the chance to ask him. So, I just followed and listened to their conversation. 

~~~~~~~~

"Wow." I said under my breath as I looked at the view from the power generator thing we just crossed. "What are you looking at?" Ellie asked coming up to me. "The view." She looked at what I was talking about and shrugged. "I don't get it." I looked at her dumbfounded. "Do you not see what I'm seeing?" 

"Probably not the way your seeing it." She shook her head and I let out a scoff. "My mom told me about these cameras that would print the picture right then and there. It was called a Polaroid, I think and since then I've always wanted one. Just to take pictures." I looked back at Ellie to see her smiling at me.

"What?" I asked. "That's pretty girly." She chuckled and walked off. "Girly my ass." I mumbled as I followed after her to where Joel was. "We going through there?" I asked. "Well there's no way around, so we have to." I nodded as we walked up to the entrance of the place. Joel tried opening the door but stopped when we heard a gun being pointed at us. "Don't even think about reaching for your weapon." Some lady said as Ellie and I pulled out our guns. 

"Tell the kids to drop theirs. Now." 

"Ellie, (Y/n), do as the lady says." Joel said backing away from the door. "Okay." We raised our hands up and put our guns down. "Please tell me you're lost." 

"We didn't know the place was occupied. We're just trying to make our way through." Joel explained our situation. "Through to where?" She asked but there was a man's voice that stopped us from answering. "They're alright." 

"What, you know these people?" She asked the man as the door began to open. "I know him. He's my goddamn brother." The door finally opened enough to show a man. "Tommy."  Joel said. Tommy came out and hugged Joel. "How you doin', baby brother?" I smiled at the two. "See this is a picture type of moment." I whispered to Ellie. She only scoffed and walked up to Joel. "This is Maria."

"Be nice to her, she sorta runs things around here." 

"Ma'am. Thanks for not blowing my head off." 

"Would've been embarrassing, considering you're my brother-in-law." 

"We all gotta get wrangled up at some point." 

"Ellie and (Y/n), right?" Maria turned to the two of us. "Yeah." We answered at the same time. "What brings you through here?" Ellie looked at Joel but back at Maria. "Uh... it's kind of a long story." 

"Why don't we bring 'em inside?" Tommy said. "Yeah, you guys hungry." I perked at the thought of food. "Starving." Ellie said and Maria showed us inside. "False alarm. They're friendlies. We've been dealing with raids. Lots of bandits in this area." We walked further. "It's been quiet for a few days. What the hell are you doing here?" 

"I thought I'd find you in Jackson." I looked around the place and noticed they had horses. I jogged up to them and got a closer look. Ellie came up shortly after me and we started petting the horse. I was so focused on the look on Ellie's face that I didn't see the one person come out of the building until they called my name. "(Y/n)?" I looked at the person and froze. 

"Dad?" I called out. The man slightly stumbled over to me and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my shaking hands around him and pulled him closer. I tried my hardest not to cry but a few tears slipped here and there. "I missed you so much." 

"I missed you too, dad." He pulled away from the hug and grabbed my face then looked around. "Where's your mother?" He looked back at me and I shook my head pulling out the necklace from under my shirt and hoodie. He didn't say anything and just rubbed his chin looking at the necklace. "I'm sorry dad."

I hung my head and looked at the ground. "No, don't be, the main thing is that you're okay." I gave a slanted smile as he pulled me into another hug. 

"Another picture type moment." Ellie said out loud and I chuckled.