Suprise

(Third person POV)

The morning after, Endeavour left the motel without waking Hawks. He remembered he had patrol and had to rush out. Hawks was very disappointed when he woke up to a an empty bed. He quickly got dressed and left.

Endeavour kept thinking about last night, and couldn't focus on what he was doing. He wanted to see Hawks again. After he finished patrol, he texted him asking how his body was feeling and that he needed to leave early cause of patrol.

Hawks smiled when he saw Endeavour's texts, and replied he had a little back pain, but otherwise he was just fine.

"Uhm so..would you like to grab some coffee later this evening..?" Endeavour texted. Hawks jumped out of excitement and replied "Of course!" Endeavour smiled.

They then met up after Endeavour's shift ended, and just went for a walk when they finished their coffee's. "This almost feels like a date." Endeavour thought to himself and smiled.

(Hawks POV)

Suddenly a cold chill brushed over my whole body, and I got goosebumps. I quickly looked around, but couldn't see anything abnormal.

(Endeavour POV)

"Are you okay Hawks?" I asked as I saw him look around. "I felt something, as if..theres is something dangerous about to strike any second." He looked at me with a serious face. A face I've never seen before. "Because of my bird instinct, I can sense danger. I've never felt anything as strong as this before. It makes my heart race." Hawks said in panic.

With wide eyes I sat there looking at Hawks who were having a small panic attack. "H-hey, calm down Hawks. I don't see anything wrong here." I tried calming him down, but nothing worked.

"What do you say we leave this place then- Before I could finish my sentence the shockwave of an explosion brushed over us. Quickly I grabbed Hawks and jumped to shelter on the back side of a bench. Tightly I held Hawks in my arms as the shockwave passed us.

"What the hell was that!" I yelled as I quickly stood up."

(Third person POV)

Endeavour got Hawks to fly over and see what was going on. As he did so, He were met by something that made his jaw drop. The city he once knew were now in flames. There were pro heroes everywhere rescuing citizens, and extinguishing the flames.

The weirdest thing about this was, there were no villains in sight. So what could've caused this ruckus.

(Endeavour POV)

As fast as I could, I arrived at the scene. All i was able to see were smoke surrounding me. I used my flames to lift myself up in the air to come closer. "Hawks!" I yelled. "Something doesn't feel right, where are the villain?" Hawks shook his head, but agreed that something was very wrong.

Thoughts came as a wave hitting me. What if all this was only for us to lose focus of the main target?

(To be continued)