Caravan- van morrison

It was December 22nd, 8am, and the weather was a dismal. You had not long woke up so you were still lying in bed keeping warm, with Van next to you chatting about anything and everything like he always did every morning. Your ears perked up when he mentioned going out for breakfast to which you detested and pointed to the window to show the gloomy sky and light snow to back up the reason why you didn't want to go out. Van sighed as you cuddled into him, your mind ticking over what van suggested and you changed your mind. You had been trying to live a little more recently, and it would be fun to go out in the snow.

You and van left bed and got ready, you pulled out a pair of skinny blue jeans, a wooden jumper, your doc marten boots and a north face puffer coat. Your hair was tied back in a low bun and you had only put mascara on and tided up your eyebrows. Van was wearing skinny black jeans, a black sweater, a long grey coat and beige Chelsea boots. You both brushed your teeth before making your way out of your little home, locking the navy door behind you.

You began to walk down the street, taking a left at the end which brought you to the main road. After walking hand in hand for 5 minutes you reached a small, inviting coffee shop. You noticed the windows slightly steamy due to the mix of the hot coffee and contrasting cold weather on the other side of the glass, as you sat down at a table for two. You took off your coat and put it on the back of your chair as van walked over carrying a tray, occupied with two cups and two plates. You both had bacon sandwiches but he had a cup of tea while you had a pumpkin spice latte. Taking a sip made you smile which made Van smile. "You always enjoy the little things" he giggled as he sipped his tea. "Pumpkin spice makes me happy" you smiled and sipped your drink again.

A short while after the two plates were clean and the drinks were halfway done. You were chatting about Christmas and the tour that was quickly approaching, which you were also going to be a part of. You had never been able to go on tour with him because of work or uni, but now you've graduated uni and moved back so you haven't got your student job at Waterstones, you can finally go.

The topic of conversation changed as the cups were now empty and you both stood up to put your coats on when the background music caught your attention. The familiar intro of caravan- Van Morrison rang around the room, also catching vans attention. He smiled and bobbed his head as you left the coffee shop and into the cold air. The whole walk home he spoke about van Morrison and the song until you stepped into your home and he walked straight to the kitchen, he connected his phone and played caravan. You laughed as he danced around the kitchen before pulling you in to dance with him. "You're supposed to dance with me to lemonworld not caravan"