Issue #12

Bereznik, Russia...

Y/N: Leviathan log, uh...Outlaw log. Yeah. Outlaw log. I, I gotta get used to that. Right. Until this little road trip is over and we found the monster and demons my father had a hand in creating, I'm Outlaw.

Nikki: I thought you always kept audio journals.

Y/N: I do.

Nikki: Then why are you having so much trouble with this?

You chose to ignore him before you cleared your throat to continue.

Y/N: Right. Outlaw Log. We are now in Russia looking for the second monster. Uh, Baba Yaga or something. A witch that aducts children and eats them. Sounds like a real ray of sunshine, don't she? I was able to beat the Penanggalan on my own. With no help. None. Whatsoever....

Nikki: I get it.

Y/N: I hope you do. Now, this trip was originally going to only consist of me and my brother, Kraken. That was until we ended up with a third member of our little ragtag group of monster hunters. Say hi, Mur-G'nn.

Mur-G'nn: Oh. Uh, hi?

Y/N: That's Mur-G'nn. Half Kree half Skrull hybrid who is a magic user. She could come in handy if things get a bit too, what's the word I'm looking for?

Nikki: Hectic?

Mur-G'nn: Absurd?

Nikki: Haywire?

Mur-G'nn: Dangerous?

Y/N: All good words. Let's just go with, crazy. Yeah. Crazy works.

Nikki: The world's smartest man yet you can't think of a better word.

Y/N: World's most dangerous teenager and you can't help your brother fight a floating head?

Nikki: You got it handled.

Y/N: This is why I wait until I'm alone to record these.

Mur-G'nn: I think you are doing great.

Y/N: Thank you, Mur-G'nn. See, Kraken? She gets how hard this is.

Nikki: Hurry up and finish the log so we can go on with this planning.

You glared at him for a moment before you continued.

Y/N: So, yeah. That's our report. Penanggalan is dead, Baba Yaga is next. Hopefully. This is Outlaw, signing out.

Nikki: Kraken, signing out.

You both looked to Mur-G'nn who nervously leaned close to you to speak into the mic.

Mur-G'nn: Mur-G'nn, signing out.

You stopped the recording and sighed as you sat on the hotel bed.

Y/N: So, Baba Yaga...

Nikki: I will be there to help you. So will Mur-G'nn.

Mur-G'nn: Of course. I can place a protection spell on you again.

You blushed at the memory as you scratched your chin.

Y/N: Uh, maybe later.

Nikki noticed your blush but didn't question it. He instead sat on his bed and sighed. You pulled out your gun and checked out the bullets. Silver and blessed.

Nikki: This is tiring.

Y/N: You haven't even done anything yet.

Nikki just shrugged while you flicked your wrist to put your gun back. You then spun it around your finger before you returned it to your holster.