Prologue

"Roseanne Park. 18 years old from Hongdae, South Korea. Just graduated from Hongdae High School."

I introduced myself nervously infront of the interviewers while fiddling with my fingers.

For what interview, you ask? Well, last week, I've sent an application to one of the most prestigious and well-known agency in south korea, YG Entertainment, for their summer workshop in my hometown Hongdae. And I literally did a 360 degree backflip when I received an email from them saying that they are inviting me for an interview slash audition. I even boasted to my bestfriend, Lisa, that I'll do double backflip if I pass this. And maybe triple backflip when I debuted. Lisa just smacked me on the head while repeatedly chanting, 'Keep on dreaming, kid. Keep on dreaming.'

My bestfriend is the sweetest, isn't she?

So the judgement day has finally arrived and here I am now, standing infront of these three interviewers who look like they're going to eat me any minute now.

The one on the left couldn't stop glaring at me and I don't know if he's just insecure of my beauty, but my instinct tells me that he's gay. The one in the middle is weirdly jotting down notes even if I am barely introducing myself. I only told them my name, my age, and my hometown. What on earth is he writing down?! Well, the interviewer on the right seems the most normal to me. He was sleeping since I entered the hall.

"Alright, Ms. Park. Please sing us a song", the one in the middle looked up from his notes and turned to me.

I immediately complied and sang a few lines of Lee Hi's song which I do not know the title. I just heard it in the bus on my way here and it's still stuck in my mind, so. Yes, you can say that I am prepared.

"Okay, dance", the interviewer commanded again.

I shyly fished out my phone from my pocket, and played a slow Epik High song before I started to move my body to the beat. My steps were so conscious that I don't know if these guys infront of me are impressed or annoyed. YG staffs are difficult to decipher. Nonetheless, I finished the song and bowed to them as the music stopped.

The interviewer in the middle jotted down on his notes again while quietly mumbling, "Okay, she's good in singing though her body is kind of stiff. But training can work that out. Yes, yes."

And he muttered some other words which are completely incoherent. I was just able to comprehend some words like, 'potential', 'talent', and 'chipmunk'.

"Okay, Roseanne Park. Now, why do you want to join YG Entertainment, and why do you want to be an idol?", the ahjussi looked up at me again and asked.

I bit on my bottom lip and clear the invisible lump on my throat at his question.

Why do I want to join this workshop?

Why not? It is every kid's dream to be an idol. Especially a loser kid like me. Well, not really a loser. I don't want to address myself like that. Let's just say that I am not the smartest student in high school. Not to mention, not a popular one too. And if that wasn't enough, I am also a member of No Boyfriend/Girlfriend Since Birth Association. I am single since forever, and yes, don't fucking tell anyone that I am obviously still a virgin.

So to sum it up, I am indeed a loser. And I want to change that. Maybe that's the major reason why I joined this workshop. Or maybe a minor of it, (just a minor, okay?!), is the fact that, the oh-holy-goddess-campus-queenka-marry-me-juseyo Kim Jisoo, my ultimate crush, is attending YG.

Yes, I am a closeted gay, too. Take my goddamn life!

Okay, as I was saying, Kim Jisoo, the very famous cheerleader of our school that I have been fantasizing every night, has been training in YG for a month now. I just knew about it a week before graduation, during our graduation practice. I can still clearly remember the first time she talked to me.