The Loser- Chapter 1- Shaun Bennett

(The picture is Rosie)

I wake up from my 1 hour of sleep and stretch, like usual. My smokes are sitting in a different position then where I left them an hour before, so I know my brother must have taken one. He's 14 and every gossipy house wife in town says he turning out just like me.

"Cam!" I shout.  My dad is at work, he has to be there by 3:45, so I don't have to worry about waking anyone.

"What?" Camden walks into my room and rubs his eyes.

"Your not gonna fool me with that just woke up shit, I know you stole some of my smokes, and I expect you to find me a pack." He nods, frowning. I have a Mohawk that I bleached and added some blueto, but my brother has half his head shaved, and dyed hair that's black and is sort of like Andy Biersack, from Black Veil Brides. He strolls away towards the kitchen. He has to be at school an hour after me. It being October 1st, its not too cold yet.

"Shaun, Rose wants you." My other younger brother Jax says, popping his head into my room. His hair is the same sandy blonde as ours used to be, and his eyes are the same bright blue as the rest of my family. We got it from our mom. Jax is 10, and Rose is 4.

"What's up, Rosie?" I ask, leaning into my little sisters room. Her hair is messy, and she looks sad. She's in her favorite pj's, white with blue trim.

"Shaunie!" She puts her small peach hands up for me to pick her up.

"Yes, princess?" I scoop her up, and she wraps her little arms around my tattooed neck.

"You put your bull horns back in!" Her little voice says, softly touching my septum piercing.

"Yeah, I'm sorry hun I gotta get to school soon." I start to put her down but she whines.

"I don't wanna go to school. Not on today!" Her eyes get watery and I bend down so I'm eye to eye with the small baby.

"Rosie, what would mom tell you." She shrugs staring at the floor. I make my voice high pitched and take our mothers old southern accent. "Now, darlin, ya gotta go to school so y'all can get smart. Don't y'all worry bout me, I'm havin a good ol time." She tries to hide her smile, she loves when I fake moms voice.

"So can you please get dressed? I gotta drop you off at daycare before I go to school." She nods, smiling and kissing my cheek.

"I love you Shaunie." She smiles, and runs into her walk in closet. I leave the room, and get in the shower. I get out, and put my lip ring in, its uncomfortable when I go to sleep. Throwing some Axe messy styling gel in my hair, and spraying some of the cologne my dad and I share on my chest. I put my smokes and lighter in the pocket of my dark blue jeans, I  have a black T-shirt on with the falling in reverse logo on it.

"What are you guys eating?" I ask as I come out into the kitchen. We have a simple house, Jax and Camden share a large room, my dads room is basically a closet, mine is pretty decent sized, and Rosie has my parents old room, so its huge with a walk in closet, and her own bathroom.

"I poured Rose some cereal, Jax made a bagel and is now in the bathroom, and I'm gonna have an apple." Cam says. I may not care if he smokes, but I do want him to eat well.

"Alright." Rosie comes bouncing in, her hair up in a crooked pony tail, wearing a black shirt with skulls on it that I got her for her birthday, and light blue jeans. She has little black and white converse that were from Cam.

"You look beautiful, Rosie." I say, taking her hand and leading her to her chair.

"So do you, Shaunie." I smile at her, and she digs into her small breakfast. I open the fridge and take a gulp out of the orange juice bottle, and grab a hard boiled egg.

"We gotta go." I say when Rosie is done.

"Mmkay." Cam says. He's a freshman so I drive him to school with me, and drag him through the senior lot.

"Jax!" I shout earning no answer. "Jaxon!" I shout. He runs out of the back of the house.

"We're leaving, I swear if you are late for school again imma ring your neck, got it?" He nods, his mouth full of bagle.

"Here you go, princess." I say, wrapping her little light blue sweatshirt around her. She slips on her black boots and smiles at me.

"Carry me?" She asks. I smile, kissing her cheek and picking her up. I swing her around in the air and she giggles maddly. Camden hops in the passenger side, and I set Rosie in her car seat. I start to buckle her in but she puts her small hand on mine.

"I got it." I nod and head to the drivers seat. I might not care about much but Rosie is my angel, my little diamond.

When we get to the day care center I carry my angel to the building. When we walk in a girl pops up from behind the counter, and I swear she actually is an angel.