chapter 7

Gina's POV
I saw Ricky and EJ holding hands yesterday, I think that they're a thing now. I'm happy for them. I just don't know how Nini feels, it must be hard to see your ex walking hand in hand with your other ex. So I decided to check in on her, see how she's doing. It'd also be an excuse to talk to her.

Gina and Nini's texts

Gina: hii

Nini: hey hey!

Gina: I saw ricky and ej holding hands, i just wanna make sure that you're okay

Nini: awww ur the sweetest🥺 yes I'm okay, I'm happy for the both of them.

Gina: yeah me too

Nini: thanks for checking in! love you!!

Gina: of course! love you too

I turned my phone off as Ashlyn walked down the stairs.

"So... how is stuff going with nini?" She asked smiling.

"Good, I think." I answered.

"Have you told her you like her?" Ashlyn sat next to me.

"Well no, but I don't know if I do."

"You'll find out soon." She said smiling. "Also the theatre club is going a trip to the swimming pool, wanna come?"

"I'd love to come!" I answered.

Ashlyn smiled and walked to the door. "I'm going to Big Red's house."

"Okay! Have fun!" I said.

"I will!" She walked out of the house.

I watched Netflix until I got bored of it. I didn't realize that it could be this boring if you're alone. It took me a while but I thought that asking Nini to come over would be a good idea.

Gina and Nini's texts

Gina: hey, I'm bored haha. wanna come over?

Nini: sure! meet you at 5

While I was waiting for nini, I baked some muffins. I love to bake, it relaxes me a lot. I actually do a lot of stuff people don't know. I usually don't talk to people a lot, I don't really like it. But I can always talk to Nini for some reason. She's very sweet and a good listener.

Nini walked in while I was baking.

"Hey you!" She said.

I turned around and smiled. "hi!"

"You're baking something, I see." She continued.

"I'm making muffins." I said.

"Oh my gosh did someone ask you to make them because I literally live for muffins." She let go of a small laugh.

"Well I'm glad you love them, I do too by the way." I put the muffins in the oven and walked to the living room. Nini followed.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Well actually, everyone is going to the swimming pool and I thought it'd be fun to go too." She said.

"Wasn't that plan for yesterday?" I asked.

"It was but Big Red had an appointment so we moved it to today." She answered.

"Oh yeah I would love to go!" I asked. "Let me just get my swimming clothes.

"Shit." She said. "I forgot about mine."

"Oh it's okay." I answered. "I have plenty."

We both walked upstairs to my room and I showed her different bath suits.

"Wow you have so many." She said, impressed.

"I used to swim a lot." I said.

"I can see, Gina I actually think it's better if I don't go." She said.

"Oh why?" I asked.

I saw that she felt uncomfortable with sharing but some part of me really wanted to know.

"You can tell me." I said, putting the bath suits away and sitting next to her on my bed.

"Please don't tell anyone." She said.

"I won't." I assured.

"The last time I went swimming was eight years ago, I don't think I can even swim." She said.

I felt bad for her, she's scared to get judged.

"Hey it's okay." I said. "If you want to, I can teach you how to swim."

She looked up to me "Really?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "We can go to the beach now."

"Okay." She smiled.

I gave her a suit and she went away to change. I also changed and we both wore a dress over our bath suits that we would take off when we're at the beach.

We walked to the beach. When we arrived, there weren't a lot of people. I thought it was good. No one would be able to make fun of Nini, I think that gave her a good feeling.

"Okay." She took a deep breath. "I'm ready."

She took off her dress and I watched from a distance. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She's so pretty.

"Gina?"

"Oh uh yeah here."

She brought me back to reality.

I took off my dress too and walked into the water.

She smiled and looked at me.

"Come in!" I said.

She slowly walked into the water.

"C- cold." She said.

"You'll get used to it." I chuckled.

"Okay so um, how do I swim?" She asked while letting go of a chuckle.

"Just try it, I know you can." I answered.

She looked at me, I could see that she was worried and scared.

"You'll be fine!" I said. "I believe in you."

She slowly started swimming and I felt like a proud mom.

"See, I told you!" I smiled.

We swam for hours and we had a lot of fun. It got a bit dark.

"It got cold." I said.

"It did, I think it's time to go home." She answered.

I didn't want to go home, I wanted to stay with her. But I knew I couldn't.

"Yeah." I said.

We both got out of the water. I wanted to ask her if she wanted me to bring her home until I saw a car. I remember that car. It was the car that brought me home on the night of homecoming. It's Ricky's car. I didn't know how to feel. Are they back together?

Nini said bye and walked in the car. I watched the car drive away. I went back home.

Hi guys! What do you think of this chapter? Comment ur thoughts! I'm sorry, this one is pretty long but I couldn't make it shorter. Have a good day/night!