Chapter 1 (Rewind the Classsics Contest Submission)

"Agent Red...come in Agent Red."

Rori had been dangling from the MegaCorp Headquarters building for about twenty minutes. The sky above was a brilliant azure blue, with a few wispy clouds that floated high above the world. There was a chilly breeze in the air, blowing slightly through her red hair.

She had been fortunate that the people down below hadn't found it strange or suspicious that a random redheaded chick was swinging 10 stories high with nothing more than a grapple gun and a bottle of soda. It was strange how the grand country of Acacia appeared so much smaller from this height. Although the neon lights and the flashy billboards weren't as noticeable in the daylight, there was something fascinating to her about the rows of enormous skyscrapers towering into the clouds themselves. Roads looped and stretched as far as her eyes could see, with what seemed like countless of tiny cars driving endlessly to the horizon.

"Copy that, I'm in position," Rori responded into her bluetooth.

"Your target is a white sedan, I forwarded the license plate number to you. Said target is attempting to transport around $2000 worth of illegal weaponry." Mercury explained, "The objective is to bring them all in. I'm tracking their route right now, they're about 5 minutes away from your current location. Be on the lookout."

"Okay, got it."

Rori pressed her temple to zoom in her lenses so that she could examine the cars that were speeding through the block. Numerous white sedans breezed by the building, but, of course, it wasn't the car she was after.

At least, not yet.

Rori yawned. She had far worse waiting times in her previous missions, particularly the one time where she was on surveillance for around five or six hours to catch a jewel thief. As always, she had been successful. 

Eventually, her interface began beeping abruptly.

Bingo.

She glanced at the white sedan which was speeding across the highway, zooming fast enough that it began swerving. Rori watched as cars surrounding the sedan began honking, and then flinched when she heard an ear-splitting bang echo across the atmosphere. Swiftly, she lowered her body down from the building, with rope and landed on the sidewalk.

She hopped on her motorcycle which had been waiting for her by a fire hydrant underneath the building. Rori twisted the throttle and sped as fast as she could. Gunshots began firing once again, sounding like roaring thunder.

She needed to get there, fast. She couldn't let anyone get hurt.

The white sedan had men poking their heads out the window, shooting at the car next to them. At first, the glass cracked slightly, before it transformed into shards of glass that scattered like tiny embers in a raging fire.

"Agent Hunt?" Rori spoke frantically, "I need you to help me out a bit here..."

Rori dodged the flying glass shards as she sped forward, ignoring the cars honking behind her. She was sandwiched in between the two cars, ducking at the raining bullets on both sides. She slammed her elbow against the man's gun, which fell on the road beneath the car.

"The tech team is trying to hack into both cars right now...but they won't stop the cars until they're in a less crowded area, to avoid civilian injuries." Mercury explained, "Do you require backup? I can make my way over right now and-"

One of the men tugged Rori by the arm and rammed her head against the car door. She cried out, before punching him in the head.

"Rori?" He called out. "Hello?"