『Chapter 4.1』Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Another Me?

Related to chapter 4, scenes of Api's and Air's encounter with Daun and Cahaya.

Short extra chapter.

------------------------------------------------------

Api/Daun

Api whistled, stretching his limbs. He still felt tired after running around and taking people's orders. He was quite moody too, after confronting a rude customer who questioned the service they have. He almost kicked the guy's gut if it wasn't for Air reprimanding him and Tanah apologizing for Api's misbehavior. He was hurt, but when the two also received the same harsh attitude and customer mocked Api, Tanah almost pummeled the poor guy to the ground.

Never mess with Api and Air. Tanah will make sure you suffer before dying.

Anyway, Api was hoping for a nice hot bath and couldn't wait to have dinner. He was really famished but having a bath first was his first priority. He finally arrived at his room to grab a towel before going to the bathroom.

The first thing Api did upon opening the door was shrieking.

His brown eyes met with another identical pair of brown eyes that stared at him in his bedroom.

Api blinked. After a few seconds, he sighed in relief and rubbed his chest. He scowled and rolled his eyes. "Seriously, Air? You almost gave me a heart attack!" He stated, huffing before closing the door behind him. "Why are doing in my room? I thought I saw you walked to your room and- Wait, is that another bed?!"

Api gasped, his finger pointing another bed across his room at the other end. True enough, there was another bed and 'Air' was sitting on it, blinking cluelessly at Api. Beside 'him', there was some bags on the bed.

Api raised an eyebrow, quizzical. "Are you moving here or something?"

Instead of the poker face that Api was used to it, 'Air' titled his head to the side and blinked at him. The action made Api froze, seeing how adorable it was. Since when did Air could make a face like that?!

'Air' stood up and looked at Api. "Petir, is that you? When did you change your clothes? Air? Who's Air? My name is Daun!" He blabbered, his eyes getting rounder and rounder every second.

The moment Api heard it, he could only let out one word. "What?"

This was Air, right? It couldn't be Tanah because he knew he and Air entered the house together and Tanah was still outside. But, he didn't felt the person in front of him was Air. The Air he knew would never have really round and big eyes.

And he was positive Air didn't have any green shirts. Because Air always wear light blue hoodies, long sleeves no matter what.

Api recalled back the words. Daun?

"Who are you?" Api asked, his posture stiffened. A doppelgänger?

Daun furrowed his eyebrows, feeling confused. "What do you mean, Petir? I'm Daun!"

"My name is not Petir! It's Api!"

"Api? Is that your new nickname, Petir?"

Okay, Api would really like to smack this guy's head. A simpleton. He sighed in frustration, rubbing his face with his hand. "Who the heck is Petir?"

"Eh? It's you, right?" Daun stated, pointing a finger at Api. "You can't be Angin since he always has his sweet and happy smile! And not Cahaya! He hates red, it doesn't suit him."

Api was offended of the 'red' part. Red is his signature and favorite color. Hearing about it from Daun made him wanted to punch the poor guy. If he can because he knew Tanah would murder him if he do that to a random stranger but this was an exception right? Because the person in front of him looked exactly as him, the difference is that the guy was wearing a green and black stripes shirt and his eyes were too big.

Anyway, Api didn't have the strength to argue back because of the exhaustion from the work today hitting him. He hasn't taken a bath yet and this doppelgänger of his is stressing his mind.

A knock on the door caught their both attention and Tok Aba entered the room, a wide smile on his elderly face. "I see you two have met each other. Api, this is Daun. Daun, that is Api. Your brother."

Api and Daun blinked, disbelief.

"What?"

Air/Cahaya

"I'll make it simple." He said, adjusting the rim of his glasses as he pointed a finger at the other person in this room which looks identical to him. "Who the heck are you and I know you're not Petir, Angin or Daun?"

Air slurped his orang juice, giving a blank look at the guy in front of him. As lazy and sleepy he was, he knew for a fact that this identical person was not Api nor Tanah.

"Air. This is my room." He stated, motioning his hand to a certain cyan blue bed at the left side of the room. He raised his eyebrow at the sudden new bed at the right side. "Are you the 'surprise' Tok Aba said?"

Cahaya raised an eyebrow. "Surprise? Tok Aba said he prepared a surprise for us. Are you the 'surprise' thing?" He put a finger under his chin, observing Air from head to toe. "Huh? A clone? But you're quite chubby."

Air coughed, almost spraying his juice. His face turned dark as his brown eyes glared at Cahaya. "Well, I see you a weirdo. Who wears gloves in summer or even daily days?"

Cahaya glared, snorted. "This gloves are for handling experiments. Of course, a commoner like you will never understand."

"I see, you're a nerd scientist guy. Understandable, have a nice day."

"Did you just insult and meme at me?"

"No, I'm just being a very honest person." Finishing his orang juice, he shrugged. "This is a free world. Sarcasm is a common thing, four-eyes."

Cahaya seemed irritated. The fact that Air just said his words with a blunt face and not even caring if the words hurt Cahaya's feeling made the latter frustrated.

Air glanced at the bags Cahaya was carrying. "So, we're roommates? Name and who are you? Why do we have the same face?"

"I questioned that already. Are you a clone or-"

"You two seem to get along already, good!"

Air and Cahaya snapped their heads towards the door, seeing Tok Aba standing and smiling warmly at them. They both blinked, feeling confused. "A very warm reunion of brothers, right?" Tok Aba chuckled and grinned.

"Wait, brothers-"

They words died upon seeing Api and Daun behind Tok Aba, also having the same expression as them.

Daun clapped his hands, his eyes widened.

"Mirror mirror on the wall, another me!"

Cahaya facepalmed as Air and Api stared at Daun, unamused. Tok Aba just chuckled and ruffling Daun's hair, grinning.

Brothers?

This was short since I had no idea much, sorry. But still, I want a reaction between Api/Daun and Air/Cahaya too XD. Now you guys know who's rooming with whom.