2| A PAST TO FORGET

─────❝2| A PAST TO FORGET❞─────

The Intelligence Unit was back in the bullpen, trying to figure out where could Pulpo be hiding

The Intelligence Unit was back in the bullpen, trying to figure out where could Pulpo be hiding. Marina looked up from her papers and to the stairs where Olinsky was arriving with a man behind him. She saw how the two newcomers were speaking with Sergeant Voight before Antonio started talking, bringing everyone back to reality and focus on the case.

"If D'Anthony was right, and he heard three voices in the apartment, Pulpo must have brought two hit men with him from Medellin," he said as he wrote two, big interrogation marks on the board below Pulpo's photograph.

"All right, just get this information to Lieutenant Belden in Violent Crime," Voight ordered. "Hey, have we gotten anything from his end?" he questions the team. They all shake their heads in denial, earning a look from Voight before Erin interrupted.

"Calls between Rev and Coop yesterday, only one other number called 'em both. It's a pay-as-you-go drop phone, signal's off, but it was purchased at a cell store in Greektown." Voight nodded while looking at the woman and back at the man standing behind her.

"Take Halstead. Check it out."

They nodded and grabbed their stuff before getting out of the bullpen. "Hey, I want the Canaryville out of you, not the Beverly, huh?" Voight called out to the new guy before going to his office.

"You got it, boss." The new guy turned to the detectives at the unit before introducing himself. "Hey, man. Adam Ruzek." He shook Antonio's hand before shaking Jules and then Marina's. "Adam Ruzek," he said, smiling at the Latina.

"Marina Cuevas, welcome to Intelligence."

The man sent her a smile before following Al to the locker rooms.

Once Lindsay and Halstead were back, they showed a picture from the guy that purchased the phone before pasting it on the board. "Colombian authorities I.D.'d this guy as Omar Rojas, freelance hit man," Halstead said.

"So Rev was the boss. Coop moved the merchandise. Whos' the next on the chain of command?"

"Well, that was the problem," Jules said, "Rev was only in town from Baron Rouge for a year. There was no structure to his crew."

Voight looked at her, and then to the rest of the team. "And nobody's talking?" They all shook their heads in denial. "All right. When Olinsky gets in, you tell-"

Once again, Alvin Olinsky rolled back from his desk, catching everyone's attention. "I'm right here."

Voight looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "Anything from your C.I.s?"

"No dice. Something about not wanting to have their heads chopped off," he stated nonchalantly. Marina rolled her eyes. This was getting to be a routine in this case, people wanting to be alive and too afraid to snitch on this crew.