🍒Chapter 3🍒

Avery's POV

Staying in this mansion, makes me feel like I was living in some sort of a castle wherein I'm the Queen. But in real I'm not, just fantasizing being one but not. I'm still scared to do things arround here, you know you never know what was the true intentions of my so called husband to be. I'm afraid that if I commit stuff that was not pleasant in his eyes, I might get punished you know how arranged marriage works on fictions.

Speaking of fictions, I found a a library in this mansion. I slowly tiptoed to the shelves and started reading the book's title, apparently I found one book that is pleasing to my eyes and it's interesting. The book' title was 'Empyrean City', a city where everything that is in your fantasies are present just like how magic and glitters go together.

I carefully opened the book, and started reading until my eyes got tired of reading. I didn't even notice that someone was sitting beside me, and its no other than Silvan. I get shocked when I caught him staring at me like I'm his prey, geez that gives me off the chills to my spine aura right now.

"Uhm, why are you staring at me?" I asked him innocently while trying to avoid his gaze, but he suddenly grabbed my hand and kisses it. Now I'm trying so hard not to blush, I'm basically looking like a ripe tomato. "Your beauty is incoparable, you look like a girl but more beautiful" he said while smiling, gosh those smile can make me drop.

"Uhmm I--" I can't finish what am I about to say because the phrase that he told me a while ago can't stop flashing in my mind, it's he's fault that I can't even finish my sentence urghh.

"Oh it's time for lunch Avery, I bet your hungry already let's go my love" ok I'm going to burst already, why is he being so sweet to me and it doesn't even match he's personality for he's a cold type of person. Too many things to discover about this guy, I just discovered one.

He stand up from sitting beside me and made his way to the door and before he's going to twist the door knob he turned arround and motioned me to come with him. "You can go first I will just go after you" I told him while averting my gaze to the book again and just  pretended to read.

After his departure I take sometime to think about things that are currently happening as of the moment. His sweet gestures, his smirk, and also his smile.

Those things are so unbelievable and it's happening as of the moment. Maybe he has his soft side? Or maybe it was an act and later on he will hurt me or something else I don't know.

My brain was conflicted with this thoughts, and my stomach is making a weird sound  I guess maybe its time for lunch to be devoured.

As I walk to our dinning room, I saw him sitting there and the food is left untouched. "I thought you'll be eating first?" I asked, "I just wanted to eat this lunch with my wife, is that a problem love?" He said while playing the fork in between his fingers.

"Oh I thought you'll be eat--", "Eat your lunch now Avery" again he didn't let me finish my sentence, is it a habit of him for cutting off people's words or sentences. Just leave it be I guess.

I started to dig in my meal, I'm not gonna lie the dish was so fantastic. I can't wait to ask our chef to teach me how to cook this kind of dish.

We both finished our meals quietly, I was about to stand when he gripped my wrist and pull me closer to him a reason for me to out of balance and almost to stumble but lucky or not my face directly landed on his chest.

Damn his scent was so alluring, I like his scent and I'm loving it though. "Why are we in a hurry to leave?" He asked me but I quickly stand and faced him properly "I just wanted to read the book and to rest I guess?" I said while cursing on my mind silently why does my face have to land on his broad chest huh? Geez.

He nodded but before that to my surprise he hugged me and sniff on my neck whispering "I love you my wife" then he let me go.

That was shocking.