:: 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘 ::

~ Skip to arrival at Platform 9 3/4 ~

Kathleen (Host) - Platform 9 3/4 - 10:47

"I'm going to miss you so much.."
"I am too, Mum."

She hugged me again.

"Try not to get into too much trouble, okay?"
"Tell that to Dex and Carmen." I said rolling my eyes with a smile. Mum laughed.

She kissed me on the forehead, bid me goodbye again, and I ran off into the train.

When I walked in, I saw a lot of people talking to their friends in their compartments.

I walked to the end of the train and on the way down I saw Harry once again. I was going to sit with him but he was sitting next to a red-haired boy who I didn't know. He looked at me so I waved to him. He waved back.

I found an empty compartment and hoped that no one would sit with me.

The world was actually on my side for once!

It did get a little boring but I had books to read though. So I was fine.

* A while into the train ride *

Okay, so apparently at some point I switched when I thought I just went to sleep because now there are four chocolate frogs (one of them hasn't been opened yet. I'll probably eat it later.) and a half eaten package of 'Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans'.

I was cleaning up the trash one of my Alters left (I'm pretty sure it was Callum, he loves chocolate.) when I heard the door open.

A girl with bushy brown hair peeked her head in my compartment.

"Excuse me, but have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost his.."
"I haven't.. Sorry.."
"Oh, it's fine."
"I could help if you want..?"
"That would be greatly appreciated, thank you."

I nodded my head and followed her down the rows of seats.

I just looked around instead of asking. I'm not exactly a huge people person.

After a while of asking around, we came to Harry's compartment.

"Have you seen a toad anywhere? A boy named Neville lost one."
"No." Said the red-head, waving his wand at a rat. Presumably his.
"Oh. Are you doing magic? Let's see then." The bushy haired girl said standing in the doorway.
"Sunshine, daises, butter-mellow.. turn this stupid, fat rat yellow!"

Nothing happened.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good is it?"

'Well then-'

"Of course, I've only tried a few simple ones myself, but they've all worked for me. For example.."

She sat down in their compartment. I followed hesitantly. She sat in front of Harry and I sat in front of the red-head.

"Oculus Reparo." She said pointing her wand at Harry's glasses.

Harry's glasses were immediately fixed. I was baffled to say the least. It seemed Harry was too.

"Woah.." I mumbled.

"Now that's better, isn't it? Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. And this is... Oh. I never got your name?"
"I-it's Kathleen, and I met Harry at Diagon Alley last month."
"I see. And you are..?" She asked the red-head.
"Ron Weasley." He said with a mouth full of chocolates.
"Pleasure. You two best change into robes, I expect we'll be arriving soon. Come on, Kathleen."

I waved at the two and followed her out. She stopped and turned back around.

"You've got dirt on your nose by the way? Did you know? Just there." She said to Ron, pointing to the area on her own nose.

Ron rubbed his nose as Hermione and I left their compartment.

~ Skip to the area where the First Years gather at ~

I ended up standing behind a blonde-haired kid who looked like he used WAY too much hair gel. He eventually pushed his way up to front with his two "bodyguards" close behind.

He attempted to befriend Harry but Harry refused the handshake. And apparently his name was Draco Malfoy.

They moved us all into the Great Hall to get us Sorted. Mum told me all about the Sorting Ceremony. She told me she was in Ravenclaw house. I don't know which house I'll be in and I don't really care either. Whichever house I get, I'll make do with it.

After observing for a little while, I noticed that they weren't calling names in alphabetical order so I wouldn't know when I'd be called.

~ A little while later ~

I felt Carmen quite close to the front. She might become co-con in a minute. Hopefully I won't switch. (My protector Alters become co-con in unfamiliar places to be ready to protect the system if needed.)

"Kathleen Cove!"

I took in a shaky breath. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden?

I walked down the asile and sat down on the stool. McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on my head.

"Hmmm.. I see.."

I jumped a bit when the hat started talking.

'Err, um, what's wrong..??' I asked, attempting to communicate with it.

The hat didn't respond.

"Slytherin!"

The Slytherin table cheered.

"Gryiffindor! Hufflepuff! Ravenclaw! Hufflepuff! Slytherin! Gryiffindor! Hufflepuff! Gryiffindor! Gryiffindor! Hufflepuff! Ravenclaw! Gryiffindor!"

The cheers immediately stopped.