Chapter 9

Hasanthi POV

I astounded with his decision. I stared at him whether he is telling truth or trying to impress me.

" So when are you going to shift Ambala with Hasanthi. Did you both planned about it?" Dad asked him.

Sooraj looked at him, " actually I need to go alone so that I set up everything, or else Hasanthi will face problems because of the new place " in a calm tone.

I didn't utter any word when they are discussing that topic. As usual, I ignored his presence and went to play with sathwik in the garden.

....
...

While we are playing in the garden, Sathwik fell down on the ground and started bleeding. I took him in my arms and came inside to clean the wound. As he is the small kid, he was crying loudly. Then mom and Pragathi came running towards us.

On seeing the injury,  " If you can't handle a child, why did you take him with you.  How can you know how any mother will feel when their child is hurted? If you have your own that you might understand"  mom shouted on me.

It is the last straw that my heart broken into a million pieces and cried in front of everyone.

" Don't take my amma words sincerely. I know you love sathwik with your whole heart. While playing it happens sometimes" Pragathi consoled me.

" Uncle ....we will be back in few hours. I cannot see Hasanthi crying...." Sooraj said wiping my tears.

I can't bear mom's hatred anymore and followed him. He drove to the car and stopped in front of the bakery. He told me to wait in the car and returned in 15 minutes carrying one polythene colour in his hands.

Again he drove back to my mom's house. I searched for Sathwik but I didn't dare to open my mouth after what mom said to me.

" Sathwik....baby...." Sooraj called him with a sweet voice.

He ran towards me and hugged my legs tightly. Instantly, my tears rolled down from my eyes on seeing his affection. I looked at mom with fear before taking him into my arms.

Sooraj lifted sathwik in his arms and smiled at him.

" See...baby....your aunty brought you chocolates and ice cream for you. Will give forgive your aunt and play with her again" Sooraj asked him giving a polythene bag.

" taanku...uncle... "He said in baby's voice and kissed on his cheeks.

" I am not your uncle. I am your mama...call me .. .....understand" he said sathwik giving kiss on his cheeks.

" Hmmm...mamu.." Sathwik said excitedly.

"Shall we play again in the garden with a ball?" Sooraj asked him.

" yeah...." He jumped from his arms and ran towards the garden.

I looked at both of them till they vanished in front of my eyes.

Mom went to her room and pragathi asked to come with her. We went to our room and sit on the bed.

" Hasi....he loves you so much. I can see in his eyes. Hope you too understand his feelings and accept him with the whole heart. " pragas advised me.

" Every ending has a new beginning, accept it and welcome your future with his love ...." she added.

I listened to her words silently...

" shall we start to our home, Hasi....? "Sooraj garu asked me.

When I am coming out of the house, pragathi hugged me and whispered in my ears to make proper decisions before it is too late.
.....
.....
While he is driving the car, I thanked him to brought chocolates and ice cream for Sathwik.