ii.

" hopeless wanderer "

"Well, that was...fun." the girl sighed as Dean helped her up, giving the word fun a whole new connotation.

The hunt had gone smoothly; after a few hours of tiresome research, the three had managed to find out where the serpent-like creatures were hiding, and, luckily, they hadn't moved onto their next prey yet, so the number of victims had been minimized.

An almost complete win, you could say; not that it would be anything new - three bright hunters like them, they'd always get the job done, one way or another.

The two Winchesters hadn't had the chance to encounter this side of Aurora before; in all the time they had spent with her, she had been new to all this, eager to learn every single thing and trick. Which made them wonder even more - what had they missed?

Exiting the abandoned building, the change of light made the girl squint her eyes a bit, as she took a breath of fresh air; nothing like the satisfaction of knowing she had freed the world of one more threat.

"So, what happens now?" Dean inquired as they stood alongside the Impala, drinking their well-awaited congratulatory beers. Aurora detected a subtle tone of accusation in his voice; maybe, implicitly, the real question was, 'are you going to bail on us again?'.

"Same old thing, I guess."

As the brothers nodded in response, all she could do was try to make sense of everything that had happened in the past hours. Something had led her there, to see two of the best people that had ever walked into her life, again; she wasn't going to let that slide.

Silence lingered in the air, as well as unanswered questions and doubts. All that broke down as soon as Sam decided to speak, asking something all three of them had been thinking about.

"Listen, Rory, maybe...maybe you could stick around for a while. With us, I mean."

The girl could feel their gazes burning on her; a smirk appeared on her face as she thought about the thing she had wished for, even though she was too hesitant to bring up.

Finally, she looked up at the two boys, their attentive glances clearing her of all doubts, "Yeah, I, uhm...I think I'll do that." and, with that, and a smile plastered to her face, she made her way straight to the backseat of the Impala, a place that would become considerably familiar to her, over the course of the months that were to come.

"Hey," she piped up once they were all inside the car, "we can be the new Golden Trio." she winked to no one in particular, earning a chuckle from Sam and a slightly confused look from Dean, who scoffed as he drove off, "I still can't believe you were going to steal my car."

━━━━━━━━━

A quite large amount of alcohol, a couple of games of pool and some genuine laughter - that's what accompanied the three hunters throughout the night - most of it, anyhow. They wanted to cherish the moments they had together, perhaps subconsciously giving into the feeling that, anytime, something could pull them away from this way too inviting daydream.

Aurora sat at the bar, twirling a freshly opened bottle of beer in her hands - last one for the night, she promised herself. Being repeatedly beaten at pool by Dean had ceased to be entertaining after the first two games - she never really got ahold of the game; however, if she really put her mind to it, she was sure she could kick his ass.

"Are you even old enough to be drinking?" the older Winchester joked as he approached the bar and ordered a beer for himself.