twenty nine

a/n THE ENDING IS CONFUSING I KNOW BUT SEE THE NEXT CHAPTER FOR AN EXPLANATION AND SHIT ALSO IGNORE THE FALSE HOSPITAL INFORMATION IN THE CHAPTER BECAUSE FAN FIC LOGIC SAYS SO OKAY THANK YOU

apparently Jacksons operation for his arm had been moved up. he was about to sneak out and visit Betty and Alice - not a very good idea seeing as he was just grounded not even twenty four hours earlier - when his dad suddenly yelled out that Jackson was getting his arm fixed today and to get ready.

so, here he was, in a hospital bed all drowsy from the meds they gave him to help with the pain just hours after his operation with a newly fixed arm. he may have flirted with his doctor a few times on his way to the theatre because damn he was hot.

"how you feeling, Jack?" Joshua asked from the corner of the room. Layne was sat beside the bed with her laptop working on some things for her job. the two were somewhat civil with each other when Jackson left to the Wyrm the prior day, but after Joshua grounded Jackson and refused to tell her why she hadnt spoken a word to the man. hence why they were on opposite ends of the room.

Jackson thought they were acting like children.

"would be better if Sweet Pea was here," Jackson grumbled lowly. Joshua sarcastically smiled and rolled his eyes before flipping his son the bird. Jackson just mock gasped and acted shocked before his face fell into a black expression and he flipped his dad off in return.

"Sweet Pea is that boy who was over when i got there, yeah?" Layne asked her son, eyes leaving her laptop screen as she closed it to look at Jackson.

"yup," Jackson mumbled.

"he must be bit of a ladies man if those hickeys are anything to judge by," Layne said in bit of a disapproving tone and Joshua burst out laughing whilst Jackson choked on nothing and began coughing violently. Layne looked confused. Joshua excused himself from the room. you could hear his giggling down the hall.

"tho-ose are from me-e, mum," Jackson choked out through coughs. shit.

"from you? are those not hickeys? did you guys fight?"

Jackson looked at his mums confused expression. did he take it back or explain? although taking it back seemed like a great opportunity, he knew he had to explain. to come out to his wellmum.

taking a deep breath Jackson muttered out, "no, mum, theyre. um...theyre hickeys. i-i gave him the hickeys."

"oh! what an odd dare," after she said that Jackson realised she knew what he meant the first time, and she wasnt saying these words as a joke. she was serious. tears welled in his eyes and he looked up at the white roof of his hospital room. his mother didnt accept him. fuckfuckfuck.

"mum," his voice cracked and he looked back at his mother, "it wasn't a dare. we didn't fight. i willing gave Sweet Pea those hickeys, in my own bed, no dares involved."

"do you remember Isabella? the cute redhead who lived across the road? you two would've made the most adorable couple. imagine your babies!" Layne excitedly clapped her hands together at the thought of Jackson and Isabellas babies. she completely ignored his somewhat coming out. Jackson just shook his head and he tugged at his hair in frustration, a tear slipping down his cheek.

"fucking hell, im gay, mum!" his eyes turned cold as he glared at his mother with a clenched jaw. his good hand balled into a fist and he just wanted to scream and break shit. Jacksons blow up startled Layne and she jumped in her seat.

"well, im glad youre happy but you dont need to shout it," Layne swallowed thickly and nervously laughed, seemingly recovering quickly from Jacksons outburst. the Doherty scoffed and shook his head in disbelief.