What Has Happened to Me? chapter 1

Chapter 1

The Nightmare.

            "What was I supposed to do?!" He yelled at me.

            I sat there on the tree stump in astonishment. My best friend just killed an old man. I just closed my eyes. I didn't know what to do. The old man fell on John and John thought that he was being attacked. Frightened, I slowly looked up at John.

            "Sam. He attacked me. What else was I supposed to do?" John said in a whisper. I looked back down at the old man who was lying on the hard, cold ground. I knew that if we didn't move him John was really going to get in trouble this time with the cops. Mr. Sansburg (John's dad who's a cop.) won't be happy about this...

            "We have to bury him. If not you're going to get in big trouble with your dad. Come on." I said as I got up and picked up the man's legs. John pick up the man under his arms. We were next to the creek that was down the snowy hill on the left of us. As we started walking to our left we saw car lights down the road. We rushed down the hill hoping we weren't seen.

            "Throw him in the frozen creek?" John said

            "No. A proper burial. We'll need a big box or something to put him in." I set the man down on the ground. I looked at John who set the man down. Something wrapped around my ankle. I looked down and screamed as I saw the old man pulling on my ankle.

            I sat upright in bed in a cold sweat. John was spending the night, like how we have every Friday night since we were little, who happened to be looking at me in sleepy, surprised eyes.

            "What's wrong, Sam? You were screaming..."

            "Nothing... Just a nightmare." I realized it was all in my head. John hugged me. I laid back down closing my eyes slowly. Slowly, I slipped back into dark dreamless sleep.