What Has Happened to Me? Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                                                About Us. The Friends.

            Saturday morning I woke up to John's snore in my ear. I scooted out from the soft warm blankets to go cook breakfast. Slowly creeping down the stairs hoping not to wake anyone. Arthemery, my black cat from the farm on the outside of town, pawed at my feet. "Arthemery! Knock it off!" I scorned in a hushed tone. He meowed back at me harshly.

            I went to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. Sleepily, I turned on the hot water and pulled the bottom of the faucet, where the bath water comes out at, and the shower spit down water.

            After my shower I went upstairs, wrapped in a towel, to dress in dark blue skinny jeans and my Cookie Monster tee-shirt I got from the mall with John yesterday night. John was still sleeping. I had my black hair wrapped in a towel. I turned my straightener on and set it down on my wooden vanity. Taking my time while straightening my hair and putting on my dark make-up. I looked in the mirror and saw an older me. Dark hair down past my shoulders. Smokey-looking eyes. My face looked different. Though, more of an older, more mature me. A more mature Samantha. I turned off the straightener and got up from the dark wooden stool, and I walked over to John. Softly shaking him awake gently. "John, do you wanna help me with making breakfast?"

            "Yeah sure..." Johnathan whispered sleepily.

            I helped him out of bed and gave him a tee-shirt that was pale blue with a happy vampire face on the front. On the back it said: "I'm the guy who can live forever and never die. I am the Pravus!" I bought him that shirt from "Hot Topic", which was one of our favorite stores for Shane Dawson shirts and everything else we've came to know and love!

            We went down the stairs that creak with almost each step. I got out the eggs and a package of Canadian bacon for Uncle Mike which happened to be his favorite food. I got out the skillet and turned on the stove. I laid the bacon on the skillet after it was heated for a couple minutes. The juices form the bacon sizzled loudly against the floor of the heated skillet. I started to hear Uncle Mike's heavy footsteps slowly thud against to stairs. "Is that," Mike started "Canadian bacon?" 

            "Yeah Mikey it is."

            "Oh Sam! You always cook the bacon the best! Thanks for making some for me."

            "Oh anytime Mikey."

            Mike made his way to me. Sniffing in the sweet scent of bacon then he past toward the living room to his 42" flat screen T.V. He drooped down on to the couch seeming as if the couch devoured him whole as he sunk into the cushions.

            I picked up the bacon with a fork, tossing it onto a plate for Mike. John started on the eggs. He always did best with making eggs. I always got a piece of shell in the egg yolk. I rushed over to Mike, who's sunken in the couch watching "Blind Side" on HBO. I set the plate on his lap and went back to the kitchen to help John make our breakfast of eggs. 

            Our day was slowly unwinding with a Saturday breakfast with my family. My family. John and Mike. Sadly, 6 years ago my parents died in a car accident. Mike is my only relative we know is alive.

            My blue eyes scan the room. John started to finish up with his cooking. I set the table as John put the breakfast on plates and set the plates on each side of the table. We both sit down and eat in silence. That dream last night... Was it just a dream or am I gonna be experiencing them later on in my age of 16? I wondered to myself and finished eating my meal. Getting up I felt swooped off my feet, which I actually was swept off my feet by John. Best friends can be very close. I smiled a rare smile. John set me down and I put my dirty dish in the sink and have my day begin with my every usual Saturday.