acceptances.

"It's a wonderful thought that everyday has something to celebrate."
Millie Florence

"Are you opening them together?" The girl who sat beside Mei in class asked with a smile, gesturing toward Mei and Sho's phones.

"Hell no." Sho responded immediately, scowling at the girl for suggesting something so domestic, while Mei only laughed.

"They just happened to come out at the same time, but I guess we'll open them with Jun at lunch." Mei offered a small smile, waving at the air in front of Sho's face to show that the girl should just ignore him.

"Tell me how it goes! I applied to Hokkaido too, so I wanted to see if you got in."

Mei's face visibly lit up at the girl's comment, and she quickly took her phone from her bag to check her emails.

"I guess we'll open them with Jun at lunch," Sho mocked, letting a huff of breath escape as he slumped down in the empty seat beside Mei, immediately taking his own phone out to check his results.

"Did you get in?" The girl asked, shuffling her feet as she watched Mei's face closely.

Mei chose not to respond, instead tossing her phone to down to her desk and standing up quickly. She only took two steps before wrapping her arms around the unsuspecting girl, who let out a giggle in response.

"So that's a yes. That's great! I'm going to Hokkaido too," she hugged Mei back, letting her sway them both back and forth twice. "I'm glad. I'm kind of scared because it's so far from home, but maybe we can dorm together."

"That'd be cool! Let's see," Mei gave her a wink, watching the girl nod enthusiastically before scurrying off to join her friends.

"How cute of you two." Sho immediately offered his sarcasm, also letting his phone fall to the table before leaning back and crossing his arms behind his head. "So, you gonna ask about my results?"

Mei rolled her eyes jokingly, pressing her palms together before looking to Sho pleadingly, "oh, please tell me if you made it into the one school you applied for, Sho. Please do."

"Glad you asked, of course I did."

"Good for you."

"I don't even know why I'm going to university." Sho shrugged nonchalantly, turning to glance at Mei and immediately sighing as he noticed her attention had gone elsewhere.

With Akaashi's late entrance to morning homeroom, Sho had almost forgotten he even existed.

"Keiji, good morning!" Mei waved obnoxiously, making Akaashi's head turn to where her and Sho sat.

"Oh, using his given name now? How cute." Sho complained, making no attempt at hiding the disapproval on his face as he looked up at Akaashi.

"Good morning, Mei." Akaashi responded groggily, making the two who were sitting narrow their eyes up at him.

"Did you wake up late? Didn't know you were capable of such a bad boy thing."

"I actually feel no obligation to attend school after receiving my acceptance last semester." Akaashi explained lazily, curling a finger and using it to rub at one of his eyes. "Don't even have volleyball practice today."