chapter 1 - Awsten C. Knight

Your POV

As I walked into the H-E-B I was in awe with what I saw. I had been waiting for the day to come where I'd step into the store for the first time. I knew I had to call my mom to tell her where I was.

"Mom! You'll never believe where I am right now!!!" I yelled.

"I know where you are (y/n) you're in Texas for your tour." she said.

"NO! EVEN BETTER. I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT. I'VE BEEN DREAMING TO COME HERE."

"You're at H-E-B??" She asked.

"YES! I AFTER YEARS I'VE FINALLY MADE IT MOM I MADE IT TO H-E-B AND NOW I CAN FINALLY TRY THEIR ORANGE JUICE!!" I said.

Shortly after, we said our goodbyes and I went to get some orange juice. Being that it was my first time there I decided to find an employee where the orange juice was. As if he read my mind, a blue haired boy came up to me and asked,

"Is there something you're looking for?"

I'd gotten lost in his hetero chromatic eyes as I told him I was looking for the orange juice.

"Well what a coincidence, I just so happen to know where that is. If i'm totally honest. I only work here to get a discount on the orange juice." He said laughing at what he'd said.

I started blushing as I told him, "Yea I only came here for the orange juice. Also for the cute boys. My friend told me that if there's two things I need to do before I die is go to H-E-B, get their orange juice and look for cute boys."

Embarrassed at what I said, I just looked down to try to cover my red face. The boy was laughing as he proceeded to tell me that there are no cute boys that work at H-E-B so either she has really bad taste, or she just was lying to my face. I laughed a little at what he'd said and I looked up again to see that we were in the juice section. There were rows upon rows of different kinds of juices. And right in front of me is what I'd dreamed of seeing for many years. A column of H-E-B orange juice. My jaw dropped a bit at the sight.

"Pretty impressive isn't it." he said.

"Really." I replied.

"Oh! By the way, My name is Awsten. Awsten Knight" He said and smiled.

"I'm (y/n) also, remember about how you were joking about there not being any cute boys that worked here?" I said.

"Of course, it was like 2 minutes ago."

"Well.. You see.. I don't think you were telling the truth." I said.

"Ah, I see he said. Here give me your phone." I smiled and I handed him my phone as he went into my contacts and he added himself to my list. He typed "Awsten C. Knight💕" along with his phone number and handed it back to me.

"Oh also Awsten" I hesitantly said,

"Whats up?"

"I have a show tonight. For my band. Midnight Lovers and I was wondering if you'd like to come."

He looked at me and smiled.

"Of course I would! As long as I get the entire VIP experience." he laughed

"Well, we don't really do the whole 'VIP' thing being that we're not a very large band. But I guess if you'd like you can come to sound check." I told him.

"That sounds great! What time?"

I looked up at him and got lost in his eyes again. I grabbed my phone and looked down to see that I had several notifications popping up saying

"SOUND CHECK BLUE HOUSE 30 GET UP DUMMY"

Awsten looked at my phone and laughed. "Well I guess that answers my question." I chuckled a little at what he'd said.

"I get off from work in 15 minutes so I guess I'll see you at the house in 30."

"See you then!"

I walked to the cashier to pay for the orange juice and drove to the House of Blues where we'd be playing that night.

I ran from my car to the tour bus to get cleaned up for Awsten. I knew I had a chance with him so I had to make a good impression on him. I looked through all my clothes and pulled out a gray muscle tee, some black ripped jeans, and my doc martens. I then go through my makeup bag and I pull out some highlighter and put a little on my cheekbones, nose and forehead.

"What's the big rush?" Nate said.

Nate has known me for years, and he knows how much I complain about wanting to a boyfriend. I'd ask him out but I always felt like that would be weird because of the band and I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship.

"No time to talk Nate!! It's my time to shine!" It took him only that to know that I had a boy I could win over.