chapter 2 - Sound Check

Your POV

Nate and I walked out of the tour bus and into the venue we met with our photographer, and our sound guy. Nate went to his drums and started fiddling around. Just then I got a text from Awsten.

Awsten C. Knight💕: Hey (y/n) I'm here :D I'm walking in right now!

Me: Great! I'll have someone from security let you in. I'm so excited!!

Awsten C. Knight💕: Same here!!

I turned around to Nate to see him giving me a thumbs up and yelling "YOU GOT THIS!!" To me. I was so nervous to see Awsten even though I'd just seen him a little while ago. I saw the venue door open and there stood Awsten. I ran up to him and hugged him. It felt so good to be hugged by someone you really liked. Awsten pulled back from the hug and looked at me.

"You look... Amazing (y/n) I mean. Really amazing" He said.

I blushed a little bit. "Thanks." I said.

"And you told me that you don't really have a large fan base. There was a whole line of people outside waiting to see you. Most of them were wearing merchandise from your band and when I met with the security guard they all started cheering. I think they thought we were dating." He said laughing.

"Yea. They probably that. Well I've got to do sound check but you can do whatever you'd like." I told him.

He smiled and said. "I know we don't really know each other but I just want to let you know I think we're going to be friends; if not more for a long time." He then proceeded to kiss my cheek which made me blush even harder.

I went up onto stage and grabbed my bass. I watched Awsten as he sat down right in front of the stage.

The sound guy helped me with Nate and I's in-ear monitor and we started playing our first song. Once we started playing through everything and right before we were going to leave the stage I asked our sound guy if we had enough time for one fore song.

"I've been waiting for this song to have meaning and I think it finally does. Awsten. Tonight. And for the rest of time no matter what happens, I'd like to dedicate this song to you." I said.

I saw a smile appear on his face as he took out his phone and started recording me.

-------------------------

Your POV (I'll change it soon I promise)

I looked into the sea of fans yelling stuff at me.

"Alright I'm gonna need y'all to shut up!" I yelled and then laughed.

The venue went silent.

"So earlier today I met the most amazing guy at H-E-B. It was a dream come true for me. I'd always wanted to go there as a little girl and just today I got to make that happen. I was looking for the orange juice and that's when I met Awsten. Awsten for the first time in a while, genuinely made me smile and it was the best feeling in the world. For those few minutes we talked, I was genuinely on top of the world. This song I've wanted to cover for ages and now I can finally do it. SO I'M GONNA NEED Y'ALL TO GO CRAZY THIS IS THE LAST SONG TONIGHT WE'RE THE MIDNIGHT LOVERS THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR COMING OUT TONIGHT THIS ONE'S CALLED STILL INTO YOU!"

The crowd roared and I looked out at everyone in the audience and there, in the very front row was Awsten. The blue haired boy I met at H-E-B who changed my life.