chapter 5 - Stupid For You

Your POV

Awsten and I walked into a park and I ran towards all of the lights that were shining perfectly over a patch of beautiful flowers.

"(y/n) Come here! I wanna show you something!" Awsten said. I ran towards him and while he had his back turned I jumped onto his back. He fell to the ground and we both started laughing.

"Look up." he said. "That's what I wanted to show you." He was looking at me while I looked up at the stars. It was one of the most beautiful sights I'd ever seen.

"I knew you'd love it. When I was waiting for you in the tour bus I was looking around and everything that was your had something to do with stars on it." He said.

I looked away from the stars at right at his eyes. Even at night you could still tell they were two different colors. We stared at each other for a few seconds and then he got a text.

Jawn: Yo I'm here. Where are you?

"Who's Jawn?" I asked.

"Oh. Jawn's a good friend of mine. He's a photographer. He's actually my band's photographer. I thought it would be cool if he took some pictures of us." My face lit up at what he said.

"You're in a band too?? Why didn't you ever tell me!?" I yelled.

Just then a man with red hair walked up to us.

"Hey Awsten!" He said.

"Hey Jawn. I want you to meet (y/n). We met today while I was at work and I think we're going to be good friends for a while." I smiled at what he'd said.

"Hi (y/n) great to meet you." I smiled and shook his hand.

"You as well."

"So why don't you two carry on with your night and act like I was never here. And I'll make sure to get some great shots of you guys." He said.

"Sounds good to me." Awsten said as he turned towards me. I nodded my head.

Jawn walked away as Awsten and I awkwardly stared at each other again.

"Anywaysssss What's your band called? How many albums have you guys released? Are you going on tour soon? OMG CAN I BE YOUR OPENER?? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!" I was so excited to hear all about Awstens band. It was just another thing that made me like him even more.

"Woah ok. Slow down jellybean." He said.

"Jellybean?" I gave him a confused look.

Awsten laughed. "I don't know I think it sounds cute." "Anyways. My band is one of the reasons why I wanted to bring you here. I wanted you to look up and admire the stars while I play some of my band's songs since tonight I got to hear yours."

I grabbed Awstens hand and pulled him down onto the grass with me.

"We can do it together." I said in a softer voice.

Awsten started playing random chords on his guitar until he started singing.

"Hey, tell me what you want me to say

You know I'm stupid for you

Hey, can you come and come out and play

You know I'm stupid for you

I'm color coding my moods

You're yellow, I'm natural blue

Let's get together and be green like my insides

At least I'll match your eyes

Jealous and hypnotized

Let's match our faces and be equally in love"

His voice was so soft and pleasant. It was like no other voice I'd ever heard before. I rested my head on his chest as he continued singing.

"Hey, tell me what you want me to say

You know I'm stupid for you

Hey, can you come and come out and play

You know I'm stupid for you

Let's trash our whole afternoon

Reciting recycled news

Until we meld and go back to your hotel room

I'll be your new favorite tune

I'll be your black cloud by June

But only when you miss the rain like I miss you

Just double dare me

And I promise now that I'll stay

It's not like you're married but I still got carried away"

The more he sang the more I fell in love with him. The whole time it just made me think to myself.

"I am so lucky to have you in my life Awsten Knight."

His singing was full of emotion and it made me fell like I never had before. Was this what real love felt like? Not like that fake high school love, but real love.

"And everybody wants you."

He then stopped playing. I immediately started clapping for him.

"That was the best song I've ever heard."

"Oh shut up. There are so many more amazing songs than that." He laughed and looked at me and he could tell I was being serious. "You really mean that?" He asked.

"Of course I do Awsten! That song. It just- It was so full of emotion and it was just perfect."

He hugged me and didn't let go for several minutes. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 12. Of course I wasn't in any rush to go anywhere so I threw my phone back a few feet and we both started laughing.

"Y'know Awsten." I said.

"What's that?" He smiled.

"I think I'm stupid for you." He chuckled a little bit and said

"Y'know what (y/n)? I think I'm stupid for you too." I put my head down and blushed. Awsten lifted my head up and kissed me. It was the most real thing I'd ever felt. It was so real it didn't actually feel real. It felt like our lips were made to fit together. Only seconds after we kissed Jawn ran up to us as fast as he could.

"YOU GUYS!" He yelled. It spooked me a bit being that I had totally forgotten he was taking pictures.

"I think I just got the greatest picture of you too ever." He showed us the picture.

Our silhouettes showed our lips locked and there in the sky was a shooting star. Slightly lighting up the night sky that was filled with stars.

"I take back what I said Awsten." I said.

"What do you mean by that?" He looked slightly worried.

"I don't think I'm stupid for you... I know I am."