Secret's Out

"It's definitely fractured there." The doctor made a circle around the bones on the X-ray. "And there." Damian groaned, holding a huge thing of ice against his nose.

"Thanks Doc." The doctor nodded, handing Damian a prescription and saying goodbye as he walked out.

"Damian!" He heard before he felt someone crash into him, making him stumble back a little before he felt arms around his waist, hugging him. "I heard what happened..I'm so sorry!" Lindsay said, and he groaned. "This is all my fault."

"No it isn't. I don't blame you. It was all him." Damian said as Lindsay withdrew her arms, walking to get his prescription from the counter.

"It was weird..When I got here I asked for you at the front desk. They said the only Jackson here was a girl named Delilah." Damian cringed when he heard the name. He shrugged, knowing he had to tell her soon as they walked out of the hospital. "Anyways, I told Johnson I'd give you a ride."

"Oh uh thanks." Damian smiled nervously.

"Do you have to be home right away?" She asked, getting into her car while he got in.

"Uh..Nah. I think I'm good for awhile. My nose isn't hurting that bad. And I didn't get any blood on my clothes." He sighed because he knew he was rambling.

"Then let's go somewhere." She said, smirking and driving to some farm land. She got out of her car when they got there and started hiking up the hill silently. Damian followed, wondering where this was going. "I come out here to think. It's..Peaceful. It's pretty far away from civilization. I uh..No one else has ever been out here. But I thought maybe we both needed some time away from the real world." Damian smiled at the girl.

"This is perfect. It's so beautiful. Kinda like you." Damian complimented, taking a seat on the grass. She blushed, sitting close next to him.

"I still can't get over how the hospital didn't even know you were there. I mean, you don't know your own patients name?" She rolled her eyes. Damian sighed. Now would probably the best time to tell her.

"I uh..I have something I need to tell you." She looked over at him expectantly, smiling slightly. "My real name isn't...Damian Jackson. I-It's..Delilah.."

"What? But that's a girls name." She said, laughing slightly. She could tell she thought he was joking. He sighed, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"That's because..I'm a transgender. A FTM, Female-To-Male, transgender."