Bede x Gym Leader Reader

Still not getting requests. I'll do this and see if you change your mind.

_______________________________

Bede walked through the gym, ready to start the day. He saw Opal already there, but she was on the phone, talking to someone. Wasn't it too early to have calls? It was 6:30 AM.

"Ah, so you are coming to Galar?" Opal asked.

"Yep! I'm still studying, but I think I've done enough!" the caller said. "Of course, I'm still Miss Valerie's apprentice, though we don't specialize in the same types. There are so much Pokemon in these regions! Sorry that I couldn't take over the gym like you asked me, Gran." From her voice, Bede could tell that was a girl.

"Oh, that's fine," Opal brushed it off. "I've already found someone who can take over. He already took it over."

"I see! I'll meet you at the airport today! The plane should arrive at 9 or so," the caller replied. "I can't wait!" Then they ended the call.

Opal turned around, seeing Bede. "So you're here," she said.

"I am the Gym leader," Bede reminded her.

"As you heard, my granddaughter is coming back to Galar," Opal said calmly, "she'll just 'help' you with your business. And no, not the kind of help with battles, but to manage your time. You're only a kid once, so you'll take turns and shifts."

"What's her specialty? I know who Valerie is, she's a fairy-type gym leader from Kalos," Bede noted, "But she did say that they don't specialize in the same types."

"Poison."

"Okay-wait, what?"

"Her specialty is Poison," Opal said. "She has a team, and she's been meeting with various Poison-type specialists to study under them. Now she's coming back. The gym leaders are coming to watch how she is, too. You'll also battle her to see what skills she has."

A girl ran down with her Pokemon, which was a Muk. Not any Muk. It was an Alolan Muk. She had loved it after getting her Galarian Weezing from her grandmother. Sure, Weezing had a bond with her, but Muk was the real deal. It was the first Pokemon she ever caught. It was colorful, like her, but she didn't want to reveal that yet.

The girl wore a very long labcoat but her sleeves fit perfectly. She wore black boots that peeked out of the coat. On her head was a white beret hat that covered her hair and hid it, too. There was a belt around her waist that made the labcoat look like a dress. She wore a pair of goggles that reflected the lights on her eyes.

She ran down with her Muk, which everyone admired, to the downstairs of the airport. Who was she? She was Opal's granddaughter, a Poison-type specialist. Her name was (Name). She finally stopped running when she spotted an old woman wearing pink and light blue, mostly.

"Grandmother!" (Name) called, waving. It must have been really weird for everyone else, because who calls their grandmas "grandmother" anymore? Muk waved, too. The old woman waved back.

"Ah, so my other successor came!" Opal sighed. "And who is this one?" she asked, looking at Muk.

"This is Muk. I captured it in the Alola region when I was studying under Acerola, the Ghost-type expert there," (Name) answered. "Because of the toxic wastes in Alola, Muk changed into different colors by consuming all the various chemicals. It's a Poison and Dark type Pokemon."

"Do you still have the Weezing I gave you?" Opal asked quickly.

"And I caught so many other Pokemon, too!" (Name) added. "I can't wait to explore Galar once more!"