chapter 1: a chance

"Jack, this the third time this week you've been sent to see me for disrupting a class"

Jack looked up from his phone and met the eyes of his principal, Mrs Jamie.

"you're a good kid, Jack, I know you are. You never had a bad reputation of bullying and you make good grades but you just can't sit still"

"you've had 20 detentions this month. One more and you'll face suspension. I don't want to be the one to send you home so please, Jack, try to behave in class"

Jack wanted to retort back but he soften when he saw the look in Mrs Jamie's eyes. Mrs Jamie wasn't like most principals. She was kind, compassionate and caring to all her students. Jack could tell that his principal was just concern for him.

"I'll try, Mrs Jamie", he answered softly.

"Thank you", she sighed, "you may leave now. Have a good day"

Without another word, Jack hitched his school bag and left the principal's office.

♡♡♡

"Yo bro, how did it go?", Daniel asked when he saw Jack coming up to his locker.

"Not good", Jack admitted as he opened his locker, "Mrs Jamie said that if I don't get my shit together, I may face suspension".

"Suspension?", Jonah exclaimed, "Jack, that's serious! It could affect your college and job applications!"

Jack only shrugged while Jonah looked on the verge of nagging.

"Jack-", he began but was cut off by Daniel's delighted squeal.

"Corbyn!", he greeted as Corbyn made his way over to Daniel, snaking his arm around the other blond.

"Hey baby," Corbyn kissed Daniel's forehead, causing him to giggle, "how are you?"

"Am good", he replied, leaning his head against the other blond's shoulder, "I missed you"

"I missed you too princess"

"It's not even lunch yet and I'm already nauseated", Jack complained.

"Dorbyn is superior, bitches", Corbyn retorted, "what about you? I'm waiting for a certain Jachary to happen". He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, causing the others to laugh out loud as Jack turned red.

You see, Jack Avery has had a crush on Zach Herron from his maths and art class for quite some time now. Jack had dropped multiple hints and even tried to flirt with the younger boy but Zach Herron isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Honestly, Jack would have given up on this crush if it wasn't for the rumour that Zach had broken up with his girlfriend because he was gay. Yes, it's just a rumour but there is a chance that Zach is interested in boys.

And that chance is already enough for Jack.

BRRRINNNGG

"Welp, there goes the first bell. See you all losers later!", Jonah called out as he rushed to class.

Daniel and Corbyn shared one last kiss before parting as well, saying goodbye to their friend.

Jack sighed, pulling his History textbook out of his locker and making his way to class.

He hates History. It is so boring listening to things that already happened in the past. It's not like he needed history in the future anyways.

He took a seat at the back row and decided to devise up ways to get Zach Herron's attention yet not break any more school rules for it.

It had to be interesting and flashy that will sweep Zach off his feet.

And he just thought of the perfect plan.

♡♡♡

Hi bbys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far

Hi bbys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far. Also, stan #dorbyn for clear skin! Ily -🕊🌿🌫