chapter 9: the double date

Zach and Jack had gotten really close during the past few weeks. It was a very common sight to see them hand in hand together as they walked to classes and those swift little kisses in between conversations. Almost the entire school shipped them and thought they were a wonderful match. They were the school's second favourite couple. Dorbyn was first, of course.

They've been onto many dates together, sometimes even having double dates with Daniel and Corbyn, and if Jonah was free, he'll tag along too.

Today was one of those days where the whole gang went out together.

♡♡♡

"I feel like a fifth wheeler", Jonah complained.

The others looked up at him. They had decided to stop by at McDonald's and Jack was in the middle of trying to steal Zach's fries while Zach batted him away and then stuck his tongue out.

"What makes you say that?", Corbyn asked, a little concern, "we're still us. Nothing much has changed"

"I know but-", Jonah started, feeling really fustrated. He wanted someone to cuddle and giggle with like all the others. Although they were all his best friends and they were always there for him, he still felt rather alone or even left out as he watched the two couples together. It made him crave for a relationship too.

"But?", Corbyn prompted him,encouragingly.

"I just feel.. left out"

The others did their best to reassure him.

"You're not! You're our best friend and we will never neglect you", Daniel tried saying.

Jonah hung his head, "I know you guys would never neglect me, I just wish I'm in a relationship too", he said sadly.

"Well, I don't think you need to feel alone, Jonah", Zach smirked, "look who just came in"

They all turn to the direction of the entrance. It was Eben.

Jonah instantly perked up. Zach, noticing this, did his best not to giggle. "I'm going to call him over", he announced.

"No wait don't-", Jonah tried to say but it was too late. Zach had already stood up from his seat and hollered "EBEN, HEY!". Jonah groaned inwardly. Not only did he get Eben's attention, now everyone was looking at them.

"Zach-", Jonah hissed but was cut off by Zach's triumphant smile as he plopped back down onto Jack's lap. "You're welcome", he grinned.

Jonah turn his attention back to Eben. He was already making his way to them.

"I'm going to kill Zach", Jonah thought as he plastered a smile onto his face.

"Hey guys!", Eben said as he went up to them. His eye caught Jonah and he smiled, "Hey Jonah".

"H-hi"

"You should sit down, Eben!", Jack pipped up from behind Zach. Zach was still on his lap.

"Thanks", Eben smiled as he pulled up a chair and set next to Jonah (😏😏😏)

They started talking and Jonah slowly felt more comfortable. Eben's presence had lit a spark in him and had brighten up his day as he watched the blonde boy share a story enthusiastically.

Jonah looked up to see his friends smirks as they watched him practically drool over Eben. He glared back at them as if to say "What?!". They just smiled devilishly and continue to exchange glances and smirks, irritating the older boy. If looks could kill, the four would be so so dead by now. Yet he had a good time with Eben, so he'll let it pass

But he will still KiLL them though.

♡♡♡

I'm really sorry for this short chapter, I ran out of ideas but I promise you, a better one is coming soon! -🕊🌿🌫